March 1st or April 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlandieeBlakee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I originally thought that April 1st was the day where AADSAS notifies schools of where applicants have placed deposits and are holding seats. But now I am hearing this date is March 1st for this cycle. Can I get a confirmation on this? Also, do the schools have a 14 day notice?

Best

Members don't see this ad.

March 1st

1. Go to your application
2. Download a pdf of any of your app
3. Control find or scroll down to the part that says "Release Statement" (it is one of the things you should of read when signing your application)
4. The last line should indicate what date it is.

It says: "I understand that beginning on March 1 and thereafter, when considering multiple offers of acceptance, I should hold only one position by accepting the offer of one dental school and declining other offers. After this time, if I hold offer(s) at more than one dental school, my status will be shared with all applicable schools and may result in offers being changed or revoked."

About the 14 day notice. The link that artist2022 so kindly provided says that if you are holding multiple seats, schools can give you at minimum 15 days notice if they choose to withdraw you. But how long depends on the school. "Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice if they choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey! These are the guidelines, which were updated March 2018: ADEA Guidelines for Dental Schools When Extending Offers of Admission.

Basically, it says that March 1st is when the schools report the names of the people that have paid deposits to AADSAS, and March 5th is when AADSAS tells each school where else their candidates are holding seats. It used to be in April many years ago (I think it was in March when I applied too).

Refer to princeafrica's edit above about 15 days- I didn't read that far ahead :p

Last edited: