finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
CA
Status (Visible)
If there's enough interest on this board for the espn tournament challenge, i'll set up the brackets. I think it'll help us keep our minds off of the wait! :p

About the Ads

finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
CA
Status (Visible)
The group has been made. Go to ESPN's basketball tournament challenge. Our group name is Student Doctor Network. It is public, so anyone can join. :D

smuwillobrien

15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
School feels like March Madness right now. Midterm upon midterm, and final lab report upon final lab report. I seriously don't think I'll be doing a biology or chemistry major anymore.

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
Duke takes a top seed :)

bootyshake.gif

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
Status (Visible)
Heck yeah guys, count me in the for the tourney!

Originally posted by Cooper_Wriston
Duke takes a top seed :)

bootyshake.gif

... only after getting the smiggity smack-down by Maryland in the ACC tourney. They'd have gotten the top number one seed if they'd survived the onslaught. ;)

MEDicated

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
maryland goes from bubble to #4 seed??? UNC a six....wisconsin wins big ten tourney, ranked #10 in country and gets a 6 seed?? man, it's almost as random as the medical school admissions process.

Go Demon Deacs!!

i would root for my alma mater (thats right, the Tribe of William & Mary), but since our bball team is pathetic i have to jump on someone's bandwagon.

DocWannaBe85

Lovah Lovah
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2003
Maryland
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by MEDicated
maryland goes from bubble to #4 seed??? UNC a six....wisconsin wins big ten tourney, ranked #10 in country and gets a 6 seed?? man, it's almost as random as the medical school admissions process.

Go Demon Deacs!!

i would root for my alma mater (thats right, the Tribe of William & Mary), but since our bball team is pathetic i have to jump on someone's bandwagon.

Maryland is going in HOT! With wins over ::ehem:: Wake Forest, NC State, and #1 seed Duke, they deserve a #4.

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
The ACC is the world's greatest conference. Maryland did win three in a row, but by slim margins each time. Great fun to watch. However, let's be honest, it was divine intervention at each victory, especially their escape by NC State. Only time will tell if they live up to their high seeding in the Big Dance. Look for Duke to dominate, as usual. I also see the Huskies and the Panthers going deep into the tournament.

About the Ads

MEDicated

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by DocWannaBe85
Maryland is going in HOT! With wins over ::ehem:: Wake Forest, NC State, and #1 seed Duke, they deserve a #4.

hot yes, but no team with 11 losses deserves a 4 seed....i dont care if they are ACC.....i wouldn't mind a 6 or 7, but geez...to get ahead of UNC...kinda ridonculous if you ask me. i remember only a week ago when they beat UVA in a close game and gary williams was jumping up and down thinking, "man, we barely made the tourney."

now, those demon deacs are gonna run the table....if st. joe's is still in, jameer nelson vs. chris paul...damn, good matchup

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
Emeka. Okafor. National Player Of the Year candidate. Not to mention they're fresh off a Big East Championship over Pitt, one of the toughest teams in the nation. I see plenty of potential. :thumbup:

meanderson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by jlee9531
huskies deep? nah. they dont have what it takes to go deep...maybe past the first round...but thats about it.

On paper, I have to think they are the favrites. Or at least co-favorites along with kentucky and duke. If Okafor is 100% for the tourney of course. I'd be surprised if they aren't the overwhelming choice to come out of that region over stanford.

tugbug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
did you see B Packer and the st Joes coach talking smack... funny stuff.

This goes without saying, but UK will dominate.

freesolo

15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2003
Status (Visible)
Oklahoma State deserves #1 go pokes, were winning this year =), no other team has as many weapons we do. St Joes will be the first #1 to go out, packer had a good comeback =p, made their coach look like a dummy :D.

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I'm IN

GO MARYLAND

Maryland over Stanford 80-75 in the third round!

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Status (Visible)
Can you say GONZAGA

That's right! GONZAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kentucky ain't shizit!

About the Ads

autobot

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
Illinois will shake off the loss to wisconsin, and get to atleast the elite 8. Plus the last few big ten schools that won the tourney lost in the second round (cbs showed the stat) anyway. The Atlanta region has got to be the hardest...

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RETIRE THE CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Racial stereotypes Dehumanize
http://dailyillini.com/news/issues/issue.php?issue=1

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
Western Michigan University Broncos are going all the way baby! LOL, it's our third time in the playoffs. I hope we beat Vandy, that'd be sweet!

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by autobot
Illinois will shake off the loss to wisconsin, and get to atleast the elite 8. Plus the last few big ten schools that won the tourney lost in the second round (cbs showed the stat) anyway. The Atlanta region has got to be the hardest...

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RETIRE THE CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Racial stereotypes Dehumanize
http://dailyillini.com/news/issues/issue.php?issue=1

sorry to break the news to you but the illini will lose to murray st. in the first round.

freesolo

15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2003
Status (Visible)
murray state is a damn good team, there going to pull off the upset, maryland wont make it to sweet 16, east coast bias is all I have to say #4 seed what a joke. Big 12>ACC, but we always get shafted because of East Coasters

markus21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
Status (Visible)
If only Big 12 can prove that against the ACC in the regular season matchups, you would have an argument.... year after year, they get destroyed by ACC. That goes with Big 10 and Big East too.

GO TERPS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryland all the way~

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Originally posted by Abraham
murray state is a damn good team, there going to pull off the upset, maryland wont make it to sweet 16, east coast bias is all I have to say #4 seed what a joke. Big 12>ACC, but we always get shafted because of East Coasters

When you beat four ranked opponents (top 25) including a #1 seed in a row to close out the season, you deserve a #4 seed.

LETS GO MARYLAND :clap: :clap: :clapclapclap:

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Originally posted by Abraham

When you beat four ranked opponents (top 25) including a #1 seed in a row to close out the season, you deserve a #4 seed.

LETS GO MARYLAND ::clap:: ::clap:: ::clapclapclap::

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by LoneCoyote
I'm in too.

Anyone want to do the women's challenge with me? If so post and I'll make us a group.

hmmm....i have to brush up on my wncaa since ive been busy this year....but if there are others...i'll join.

lipid

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
most of you kids haven't started med school yet, so let me break it down for you (i can't really expect you to know any better). duke's going to take it. enough said.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
hmmm....i have to brush up on my wncaa since ive been busy this year....but if there are others...i'll join.

Okay, I made the group. It's public, under Student Doctor Network. So let's get some people in there :)

Bones2008

waiting for retirement
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by lipid
most of you kids haven't started med school yet, so let me break it down for you (i can't really expect you to know any better). duke's going to take it. enough said.
Amen

markus21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
Status (Visible)
huh.... you gotta be a legal resident of the US to play espn tournament challenge....... this is reminding me of my experiences of applying to medical school all over again. :mad:

autobot

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
sorry to break the news to you but the illini will lose to murray st. in the first round.

Now that there are 16 teams left, I thought I should bump this thread so everyone can be reminded of their predictions... Anyone feel foolish now????? jlee???? haha its all fun and games, looks like the huskies have a good shot..GO ILLINI!!!

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
Yeah, people sure do like their foot in their mouths. Like I said, Duke and Pitt all the way. ACC's still holding strong in the tourney. And whoever said that UConn was a weak team, eating your words now? :horns:

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
i am getting killed in this sdn bracket....i am glad i didnt duplicate the same bracket in my money bracket...but even there i had kentucky to win but the other people have stanford or uconn...

i just need uconn to lose along the way to duke just to have a chance....i still have 3/4 final four teams...please uconn get upset as well!!!

damn murray st. every other 5-12 won. why not you!! damn you racers! never again will i pick you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Go 'Cuse!!! Who needs Mello when you have Warrick?!

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by TheFlash
Yeah, people sure do like their foot in their mouths. Like I said, Duke and Pitt all the way. ACC's still holding strong in the tourney. And whoever said that UConn was a weak team, eating your words now? :horns:

Wow, I have Duke and Pitt in the final too.

I dont think UConn is weak, but in a close game (which might begin now, with only 16 teams left) their FT shooting will KILL them. They are talented as hell, the most talented team in the US, but in a close game, I would imagine almost any other team would have an advantage over there because of their FT shooting. I actually think Pitt is the best team from the Big East. UConn and Syracuse a very close 2nd and third.

But yeah, my bracket is screwed too. Somehow Im like in the top 10 of SDNers, but that will be changing shortly Id imagine.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.