March UNLV Interviewees -- anyone hear anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if those that interviewed in March have heard back from UNLV. If so, please post when you interviewed and what the response was!

Members don't see this ad.

Ruprick said:
Just wondering if those that interviewed in March have heard back from UNLV. If so, please post when you interviewed and what the response was!

I interviewed at UNLV either in late February or early March but haven't heard anything from them. I don't expect to hear anything until the school year begins since people don't have to put down deposits to reserve a spot.

there were people in my class that were accepted a week before school started. i would seriously keep that a possibility if you think your chances are decent. plan ahead. start looking for places to live, etc. you never know!

Members don't see this ad :)
QuietGuy said:
I interviewed at UNLV either in late February or early March but haven't heard anything from them. I don't expect to hear anything until the school year begins since people don't have to put down deposits to reserve a spot.

I interviewed in the middle of March and they said that we were the last interview class. At that time there were still seven seats that hadn't been filled. I swear they told us that we should hear from them in a week or two so that's why I'm asking.

QuietGuy, did they tell you that you were on the alternate list? Also, it looks like you were already accepted to UCSF so I'm assuming that you won't be attending UNLV?

udmd, I can't imagine dropping everything and moving a week before class starts, but if it gets me in UNLV I guess it will have to suffice!

Ruprick said:
I interviewed in the middle of March and they said that we were the last interview class. At that time there were still seven seats that hadn't been filled. I swear they told us that we should hear from them in a week or two so that's why I'm asking.

QuietGuy, did they tell you that you were on the alternate list? Also, it looks like you were already accepted to UCSF so I'm assuming that you won't be attending UNLV?

I believe they did tell us that they had 7 spots left also. But I also recall them telling us that we shouldn't expect to hear anything any time soon. I am not on their alternate list and yes, I will be attending UCSF.

QuietGuy said:
I believe they did tell us that they had 7 spots left also. But I also recall them telling us that we shouldn't expect to hear anything any time soon. I am not on their alternate list and yes, I will be attending UCSF.

Have you withdrawn your app? It makes things go a lot faster for these other people that have posted on this tread.

Ruprick said:
udmd, I can't imagine dropping everything and moving a week before class starts, but if it gets me in UNLV I guess it will have to suffice!

I interviewed the same day and still haven't back either.

I knew it was bad when I opened up the mailbox and there was a letter from UNLV. I assume all acceptances will be sent certified mail.

Anyway today I got the UNLV alternate list letter. I realize with some schools an alternate list is as good as a rejection--any idea with UNLV?

I guess I can't complain too much since my file wasn't complete until 3/1 and UNLVs deadline was 2/1. My interview group was the last and there were two women and a bunch of Nevada residents so I knew right off my chances weren't great. I felt like my stats were competitive. 19/18/21, 3.5 sci GPA. I'm pretty bummed and growing tired of playing the game.

Ruprick said:
I knew it was bad when I opened up the mailbox and there was a letter from UNLV. I assume all acceptances will be sent certified mail.

Anyway today I got the UNLV alternate list letter. I realize with some schools an alternate list is as good as a rejection--any idea with UNLV?

I guess I can't complain too much since my file wasn't complete until 3/1 and UNLVs deadline was 2/1. My interview group was the last and there were two women and a bunch of Nevada residents so I knew right off my chances weren't great. I felt like my stats were competitive. 19/18/21, 3.5 sci GPA. I'm pretty bummed and growing tired of playing the game.
For a lot of schools waitlist does mean not so great of a chance. But at UNLV the list moves pretty quick. This is because UNLV doesn't have a deposit requirement. There are people on the accepted list that are holding it for ****s and giggles. Seriously.

Ruprick said:

same here. got the alternate list letter today. I'm pretty optimistic though about the UNLV alternate positions since they don't take deposits from their accepted candidates. Besides, when we interviewed I think there were only 2-3 seats still available. 22/22/20, 3.3sci, 3.5cum. Buck up camper. there is hope yet.

Gulch said:
same here. got the alternate list letter today. I'm pretty optimistic though about the UNLV alternate positions since they don't take deposits from their accepted candidates. Besides, when we interviewed I think there were only 2-3 seats still available. 22/22/20, 3.3sci, 3.5cum. Buck up camper. there is hope yet.

Yeah I wrote that right after I received the letter so I was naturally a little bummed. I will keep my fingers crossed. I just worry that they sent an alternate invite to all those they didn't accept that day.

I think everybody that interviewed there got on the alternate list. I know three other people that interviewed at various sessions. One was in Oct, two others in Feb. Their stats varied hugely too, from 3.8 cum GPA to below 3.0, yet all of them made the al. list. The fact they don't take a deposit is encouraging. However, you have to wonder how competitive the program really is.

sucky GPA said:
I think everybody that interviewed there got on the alternate list. I know three other people that interviewed at various sessions. One was in Oct, two others in Feb. Their stats varied hugely too, from 3.8 cum GPA to below 3.0, yet all of them made the al. list. The fact they don't take a deposit is encouraging. However, you have to wonder how competitive the program really is.

True dat. FYI, per Dr. Browstein they will be requiring a deposit starting next year. The only reason they haven't been is because the Board bigwigs only meet together once per year and it has to go through the Board to be implemented.

Ruprick said:

waitlisted!