Marian (MUCOM) vs CCOM (Midwestern Chi)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djtallahassee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hellppppp. Need to decide for interviewing purposes. Should I cancel an upcoming CCOM II?

Have acceptance from Marian. 4 MD II lined up and will likely take whatever I get from that. However, if not, I want to make sure I have a good DO in hand. I hate to cancel interviews without having a few A's lined up.

It's basically the cost of Marian vs CCOM. Marians clerkships seem pretty decent with the large hospital networks and I have heard good things about the program over all. CCOM has the name, the prestige, and 68K tuition likely to be >70 by graduation time. I haven't seen a school specific match list for either.

I am shooting for Emergency Medicine. Could be fairly competitive, but shouldn't be out of reach for DOs. Geographically both are fine (from midwest) but Chicago obviously is a little more happening. However CCOM is in Downers Grove so it's not really main Chicago anyway.

THanks for any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Marian is awesome (they were my first choice before they rejected me haha).

CCOM is ungodly expensive so I'd insta-reject them and not go if you can get the money back and put it towards the MD-II

Marian is awesome (they were my first choice before they rejected me haha).

CCOM is ungodly expensive so I'd insta-reject them and not go if you can get the money back and put it towards the MD-II

Yeah I guess one thing I didn't mention is why I'm hesitant to attend the CCOM Interview. Mostly because I am running out of vacation time and I am anticipating more MD IIs. Current work doesn't know and I keep randomly disappearing lol. I'm already headed to KCU the same weekend, so it is basically a waste of time unless they wowed me or gave a huge scholarship. On the other hand, its only a day off of work I guess, but its a lot of hassle if I know I won't attend.

Agreed CCOM tuition is almost offensive.