Marmara University - Medical School - Turkey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drewshaker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a friend who was looking into going to school in Turkey. He is Turkish-American and I was trying to convince him to try and attend school with me in Prague this fall. However, I don't know how I can be convincing. He seems to be try and convincing me but the idea blows my mind.

He wants to attend an English-medical program in Istanbul, Turkey. Everything is in English and you take Turkish language classes. I am trying to tell him that the lifestyle over there won't be up to par with the rest of Europe. What else can I do to convince him? Is it even smart to consider this choice in Turkey when he has others in Europe? Will he be able to come back to the USA? Please help me help him.

Here's the link to the school:
http://tip.marmara.edu.tr/english/medical_edu.html

I guess the only real plus I see is that he will save quite a bit of money.

Thanks very much,
Andrew

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I don't usually frequent the international boards, but I saw your post and had to respond. I was just wondering what your issues is with Turkey. Have you been to Istanbul? It is a beautiful, cosmopolitan city with a decent social scene, night life, not to mention great weather and good food. Actually, the lifestyle is pretty good. And considering he'll be pretty busy studying, it won't be a huge issue. Maybe you should go visit with him. It really is quite different from the rest of the Middle East, in that the attitude is pretty liberal. If he feels comfortable, why shouldn't you?