Marquette Dental or University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spdental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm facing quite the dilemma between Marquette and Denver. I was hoping to get some insight on what others thought of this situation. Currently, I have been lucky to be accepted to a few schools, and these are the two that I have decided on. The issue I'm facing is this: I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life, and really am ready for a change. I LOVED Marquette: I loved the staff, student body, and clinical association; however, I also really loved this about Denver who also had a wonderful staff, student body, clinical association. I am an avid snowboarder, and really would enjoy the location of Denver more. After running the numbers, Colorado will end up being around 60k more expensive for the total 4 years. I could see myself living in Denver in the future, and am not sure if I feel the same about Milwaukee. I went to undergrad at my state school, so my undergrad loan amount is fairly low.

What do you guys think about this situation? Go with Denver because I could see myself living there in the future, and like the area significantly more, or go with Marquette because I also really enjoy the school and it's ~60k less expensive.

Thanks for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Tough call considering you liked both schools. The real question you're asking is if 60k is justified to go with Denver. Considering you may want to live there in the future, I would do some further research on the lifestyle at both places and make the decision going from there.

Reactions: 1 user
Let me know what you decide good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Living around friends and family may be a benefit for Marquette if you are close to your family and friends!
Denver is a great location too but the price tag may deter you. Quick question, is the you calculated for Denver including all four years of out of state tuition? I know that The dental school will declare you a non resident for all four years even if you change your state residency!

Yes, I calculated it for all four years out of state (non-sponsored) for Colorado.