Marquette or Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shane

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post but I have found your input to be very helpful these past few months.

Please provide any insight you may have so I can finally choose between Marquette and Temple.

Thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

ItsGavicC Are U out there?

I thought that I would call you out since you've added some very knowledgeable comments in the past.

So far I have been accepted to Marquette and Temple and wanted to know what you thought about Marquette (you visited there right?)

I still have my UNLV and AZ interviews coming up next week so my final decision will be put off until I hear from them. I live in Cali just FYI.

I'd REALLY appreciate any comments you may have and from anyone else. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Duh.......mispell.......GAVINC :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Come to philly, TEMPLE would be my choice. Honestly, Marquette has a brand new facility, but it is way too cold and rural for me up there.

DesiDentist

Thanks for your reply Desidentist. Looks like we'll be neighbors then. It will kinda suck to drive though. Philly does sound better than Milwaukee :eek: I'll check out UNLV or AZ this week at the interview but I DID like TEMPLE A LOT actually.

I was accepted to Marquette, as well as several other schools. Because I'm not from Wisconisn, tuition is extraordinarly high, plus my fiance isn't to wild on living in Milwaukee, so I've decided against going there.

However, I did tour their school along with several others, including big name public schools, and Marquette's facility is FAR nicer than any other I visitited. I'm acutally going to miss not being able to go to school there for that fact. Everything is state of the art and computerized, plus the manacians even salivate to mimic a real person. Very cool, I thought.

Yeah, Milwaukee is cold, but the building is worth the trip alone. Good luck with whatever you decide.

mlovrien,

The cold weather is definitely one factor since I'm used to So. Cal.
If you don't mind my asking....what other schools did you have a chance to see? Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to see Marquette for myself. This adds to the difficulty of making a decision without actually making the trip. Have you decided where you will go?

Good luck and thank you.

Sure. I saw University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Minnesota, and Creighton University. I've chosen to attend Creighton because Omaha's warmer, not by much, but still warmer, and the town is big, but not huge like Milwaukee. I come from a town of 25,000 people, so even though Milwaukee is not a NYC or LA, it's still considerably bigger than where I want to end up. Hope that helps.

Also, I suggest taking a virtual tour of Marquette's building at www.marquette.edu/dentistry. I know it won't be as good as the real thing, but at least it gives some idea of what they have, but like I said, if you've seen a picture of one dental clinic, you've seen them all twice.

Marquette's building was splendid, but I think you will be surprised by UNLV and Arizona.

Those schools might have atmospheres that will be more condusive to the way you learn.

Let me know what you think about UNLV and Arizona. They ought to let you know about your status fairly quickly. Arizona let me know while I was on the way to the airport.

As I've said before, I'm 99% sure that I'll be going to Arizona.

ItsGavinC,

thank you for your insight. In what way do you think that UNLV and AZ may be more conducive to learning? i am an older applicant so i am not sure if that helps....28 next month yikes.

My only concern with those 2 schools is how they are going to provide adequate clinical experience. Temple impressed me on how much clinical experience they receive.

I have my UNLV interview this Thurs. and AZ on Saturday. I am glad to hear that they make their decision quickly so that should help me out....that is, if I have the same luck as you did.

By the way, where does your 1% lie?

Thanks,

shane

Good Luck!