1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Marquette, tuft, Creighton??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Oct 10, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have sent Marquette and Creighton the secondaries, what now?
    Do we just wait for them to tell us we are in or not on dec 1?

I heard they don't interview but I know a few people got interviews. Any one hear from them yet?

I have received interviews invite from most school already. I am still waiting for tuft. My application was in 5 batch. Is anyone still waiting? Is it about time I harrass them by phone??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was in the 5th batch too. I haven't heard from Tufts since I sent them the $55. That was like a month ago.

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Interviewing at Creighton and Marquette WILL help your chances of getting admissions. That's all I'm going to say on this subject :)

5. cochino

cochino Member
    7+ Year Member

Creighton and Marquette do not officially interveiw their applicants but they do some unofficial 15-20 minute regional interviews. If you are from an area that sends 10-15 students to these schools each year, then they come out and recruit students. That is how I was able to meet with both Marquette and Creighton thus far. I have heard of exceptions to the "no interview rule" when a student was on the borderline of being accepted and they invited him out to interview but that is it. I imagine you can visit each of these schools on your own for a tour of the school and possibly sit down with somebody in admissions, but they have made it clear to me that visiting their campuses will not help ones chances of being accepted. But a visit may help you personally decide by seeing the facilities and talking to other dental students. It is pretty much a waiting game on these two schools if you live in area where they don't recruit.

6. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Quite to the contrary, a visit to these schools WILL help your chances of being accepted. If you put in the time to study the school, they will put in the time to study your application.

Having said that, interviewing with these schools isn't mandatory for acceptance.

7. GTchick

GTchick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know if Marquette recruits in Atlanta or anywhere in the southeast?

8. portlander

portlander Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys:

I was also in the 5th batch and I heard from Tufts last friday. But I also sent the $55 the day after it was requested...maybe that made them work faster. Also, I know ALI got an interview from Michigan like a week or two before I got my invite, even though we were in the same batch. I think things just get a little out-of-order at the schools. I am SURE that Tufts will interview you guys too.

9. ALI

ALI Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi guys
    I got my Tuft interview today.
    I guess there is no accurate pattern to it.

10. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    That is probably the best overall statement to sum up the application process! Let's keep that in mind as acceptance time draws near.

Congrats on your interview, ALI. :D