Marquette, Tufts, and Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissingPolaris

Cemetoenamel Junction
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who had or have interviews scheduled with these schools, how long did it take between cashing your checks and sending out invitation? Do they send snail mails or emails? Thankss~~!!:)

My heart is dying a little bit more everyday...

Members don't see this ad.

i feel you! i think i check my email like 20 times a day hoping for good news...i still haven't even gotten ahold of the people at Nova to see if they have all my stuff...they keep putting me on hold.

I became under productive since I submitted my application. All I can think or dream of is dental school and what if I don't get in. (I just dreamed that BU changed status from blank to "interview" last night... haha, you think it will come true?!) Basically, I sit here and click the refresh button all day...sad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For NOVA, I sent out the supplemental and about 2 weeks later received an invitation in the mail. Also, NOVA will state that you are "invited for an interview" on your AADSAS application online. So, you might want to check the "designated schools" tab on AADSAS online often.

Generallee said:
For NOVA, I sent out the supplemental and about 2 weeks later received an invitation in the mail. Also, NOVA will state that you are "invited for an interview" on your AADSAS application online. So, you might want to check the "designated schools" tab on AADSAS online often.

Generallee, are you in-stater for Nova? thanks. It has been almost one month since they cashed my check, still nothing. I think this is a dead one.

MissingPolaris said:
Generallee, are you in-stater for Nova? thanks. It has been almost one month since they cashed my check, still nothing. I think this is a dead one.

No i'm not an instater....my apps went out on July 22....don't know if that helps...

My app went out on the same day. We've "talked" before. I remember you are interviewing with Nova and Case. Have you received any other interviews yet? Our stats are very close. Hopfully next year, we will be posting here as DS1 :)

MissingPolaris said:
My app went out on the same day. We've "talked" before. I remember you are interviewing with Nova and Case. Have you received any other interviews yet? Our stats are very close. Hopfully next year, we will be posting here as DS1 :)

My App Went out on August 11th to the schools and I got a secondary from NOVA on sept 7th. I mailed it back to them and in 8 days I got a Interview. But I got an interview for Dec 14th which is not good but not bad either. I think NOVA is pretty quick in replying but I haven't heard from others this fast. One bad thing about NOVA is they never seems to pick up the phone and give you and answer.

Great, I know what that means now...

NOVA is private, so there no in-state competition. AADSAS sent out my hard copy AUg 4th. As soon as they received my faxed, unofficial DAT score on Sept 2nd, they sent a secondary application. As soon as they received that (must have been 2 days later), AADSAS online says "Invited for interview." I received the info about the interview in the mail one week later.

They are definitely the quickest school I've dealt with so far.

J.

TERPDDS said:
NOVA is private, so there no in-state competition. AADSAS sent out my hard copy AUg 4th. As soon as they received my faxed, unofficial DAT score on Sept 2nd, they sent a secondary application. As soon as they received that (must have been 2 days later), AADSAS online says "Invited for interview." I received the info about the interview in the mail one week later.

They are definitely the quickest school I've dealt with so far.

J.
They were very quick for me as well...and never have had a problem with them...the earlier the better i guess

My old roommate applied to Nova, sent in a secondary, mailed in his check and NEVER heard a thing. No, Interview, no rejection.... Nothing.

I have emailed several simple questions to Nova admissions that I have heard NO response to. (UF responded to the same questions the very next day in both cases) I have no Idea what is going on down there.

My advice to him and now to you (he DID NOT do) was this....
Send a CERTIFIED letter to the dental school, I might even send it to the dean of admissions. Why a certified letter and not an email or phone call?

A) Because someone had to sign for it and you receive a return receipt via USPS. You know for a FACT someone has the letter.

B) Emails SUCK. They receive so many every day. I am sure they are easily over looked and forgotten about.

C) Certified letters mean business.

D) If they cashed your check you deserve a response.

E) If you send it to someone important (the dean) you know that the person reading it can do something about it. The receptionist makes $10 dollars an hour... Do you think he/she cares?

F) There is NOTHING wrong with a PROFESSIONAL (stress this word) follow-up letter. I think it shows that you are on the ball and fired up about dental school.

Don't be one of those kids.... I know, I know... But some of us science nerds missed the bus on professional writing. So make sure it is in the correct format, ect, ect. Ask one of your MBA friends, that's what I do...

Hope this helps
-C