married couple going to the same medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cupcake_queen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is anyone on this forum that thinks it's possible for a married couple to go to the SAME medical school together. Both have not so great numbers and have been out of undergrad for a while. Any input would be appreciated. Oh yeah, one important thing to note is that we're both California residents. =(

Members don't see this ad.

There is a married couple in my medical school class. I'm not sure what their numbers are, but she's a Texas resident and he's from NC. Make sure that you talk with the schools you want to apply to and check with them.

Possible, sure. Not sure how likely . But there's always a chance. There's several cities/geographic regions that have multiple medical schools...be sure to look at those schools. Best of luck to you both; I'm currently 400+ miles away from my MS1 boyfriend and it's very difficult but doable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another option would be getting into medical school at separate schools, then transferring to the same school. There is a married couple in my class that did this.

a while ago their was a couple on this website who both interviewed at Columbia and were both waitlisted. they wrote a letter to the Dean and he accepted them both. so, yeah it is possible, but the probability is probably pretty low. Good luck.

I got into Pitt with my girlfriend which is where we are both attending. My one bit of advice is to apply to a ton of schools and if you have a solid raport with your interviewer you might want to let them know of your situation. Most people we told reacted well. good luck.