married folks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foot2foot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any married students in podiatry school that can shed light on how you are living, and expenses.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you want to be a little bit more specific? What are you concerned about? What is your spouse concerned about? Without telling anyone's life story spouses either work or have babies. A gross oversimplification.

Our class has 6 married people and about another 5-6 living with the significant other. All that I am aware of, husband or wife works or stays home with kids. If you have kids you get WIC, Food Stamps and medicaid and take out extra money.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not so bad, but it really depends how high maintenance you both are. Just Imagine it as taking a job working 8-6 everyday and living a minimum wage lifestyle. It's an investment for you both.

Basically does scholarships help with living and are the expenses manageable.

I only have one semester of school under my belt, but it went pretty well. The best advice is for your spouse to find something to do (work, volunteer, etc.) or he/she will go insane. I was lucky my wife started her first teaching position in August so she has been just as busy as me. Although she doesn't make much, it's enough to help with our expenses and limit the amount of loans I took out this year. Finally, live on a budget! It will help prevent you from spending too much, and get the most out of your loans.