Married Students at Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMrsHarrison

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone here who goes to Northwestern and can tell me if there are many (or any) married med students there? I am going to be starting there in the fall, but am starting to get nervous about being a social outkast b/c I am married. Also nervous about my husband coping, and it would be nice to know there will be other spouses around that maybe he could relate to. I'm 25, so it's not like I am a non-traditional student who won't want to socialize with classmates, but I get the feeling most students there are straight out of college and single and live in the dorms. Is this a realistic picture?

Members don't see this ad.

There were a few married couples when we started (Class of 2006). Most of them were older than the rest of us though. yes, married people are a minority at Northwestern. Throughout the last two years, a lot more have gotten married and I don't feel it's an issue at all. They don't necessarily come out to all the parties but we still treat them no differently.

My wife is a first year at Northwestern and all of her closest friends at Northwestern are not married (1 is engaged). She still goes out to different parties and remains active in the social scene with her friends without any problem.