Maryland Dental or Tufts or Boston?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaulKu34

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

could those of you who had gotten in and chose one of teh three schools, could you tell me why? the pros and cons of these schools? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I’d say Maryland is a no brainier. While all of these schools are solid second tier schools Maryland seems to have slightly higher average scores. Additionally it costs 60 to 80 k less than Tufts and BU respectively (out of state) and if you can work out instate add an additional 80 k in savings. The cost of living in Baltimore is a fraction of Boston so either less debt in the end or a nicer life style while in school. While some on this forum have been down on Baltimore it is actually a fine city. Sure there are unsafe areas but they are easily avoided and the school is in a fine location. Live in Federal Hill or Fells Point or commute from Howard County and you’re fine. If that were not enough they have their new building which is amazing and should provide a very comfortable place to learn for the next four years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gargamel said:
I’d say Maryland is a no brainier. While all of these schools are solid second tier schools Maryland seems to have slightly higher average scores. Additionally it costs 60 to 80 k less than Tufts and BU respectively (out of state) and if you can work out instate add an additional 80 k in savings. The cost of living in Baltimore is a fraction of Boston so either less debt in the end or a nicer life style while in school. While some on this forum have been down on Baltimore it is actually a fine city. Sure there are unsafe areas but they are easily avoided and the school is in a fine location. Live in Federal Hill or Fells Point or commute from Howard County and you’re fine. If that were not enough they have their new building which is amazing and should provide a very comfortable place to learn for the next four years.

Second tier?! :mad: Watchu talkin bout??! Haha, jk jk. :)

why didnt i apply to MD :mad: hehe