Maryland: Next Round of Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all :)

I interviewed at Maryland on Feb. 18th and was wondering if anyone who interviewed then (or around that time) has heard anything. Does anyone know when they'll be doing their next round of acceptances? I know it's a little premature to be expecting a response a week after, but any info will help. I think the last round of acceptances was Feb 03? Anyway, thanks I'm advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all :)

I interviewed at Maryland on Feb. 18th and was wondering if anyone who interviewed then (or around that time) has heard anything. Does anyone know when they'll be doing their next round of acceptances? I know it's a little premature to be expecting a response a week after, but any info will help. I think the last round of acceptances was Feb 03? Anyway, thanks I'm advance!

Hey, buddy!
here's your 2nd hw, which is harder than the 1st, so not mandatory! :laugh:
매릴랜드에 합격하길 바래!! :xf::xf:

Hey, buddy!
here's your 2nd hw, which is harder than the 1st, so not mandatory! :laugh:
매릴랜드에 합격하길 바래!! :xf::xf:

Is that something along the lines of "I want to see you get into Marylanduh"? haha thanks for the wishes ldm!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Feb 10th and was told at that time that they definitly have seats available and maybe even more than they think if they do not get deposits soon. I was told then that we could start hearing things in as little as a couple weeks to as much as a couple months...so I thnk we are alright at this point. Good luck though.

I interviewed the 18th, too. I know there is another round of interviews today, and I have a feeling that after this round is when adcoms will probably meet and start sending out some good news! I just hope this good news is for all of us!

Knife hows it going, this is Jake (the redhead) we actually sat next to each other during the presentation.

I remember her saying that they were waiting to see how many people put down second deposits before sending out more acceptances.

Knife hows it going, this is Jake (the redhead) we actually sat next to each other during the presentation.

I remember her saying that they were waiting to see how many people put down second deposits before sending out more acceptances.

Hey Jake! I hope it's not that long before they send 'em out. Anxiety is killing me bro haha. Either way, good luck to u and Bri and all of us :xf:

Is that something along the lines of "I want to see you get into Marylanduh"? haha thanks for the wishes ldm!

oh wow.. you're good!!
I underestimated your capability of korean..;)

hey, knife? if you get into maryland, will you withdraw the offer from mwu? just curious..:smuggrin:

oh wow.. you're good!!
I underestimated your capability of korean..;)

hey, knife? if you get into maryland, will you withdraw the offer from mwu? just curious..:smuggrin:

It's very doubtful. At this point, I'm set on attending MWU. The campus, facilities, and faculty really seem like the perfect fit for me and what I want out of dental school. On the other hand, Maryland is also a great school, and I have family in the area.
So unless the worst happens, I plan on attending MWU in August :D.
If you get into MWU, will you withdraw the offer from UNC? just curious.. ;)

It's very doubtful. At this point, I'm set on attending MWU. The campus, facilities, and faculty really seem like the perfect fit for me and what I want out of dental school. On the other hand, Maryland is also a great school, and I have family in the area.
So unless the worst happens, I plan on attending MWU in August :D.
If you get into MWU, will you withdraw the offer from UNC? just curious.. ;)

It's very doubtful. At this point, I'm set on attending UNC. haha
I 100% agree with you about MWU, but my heart still set on UNC! It's been my dream school since I made my first step on NC, and my best friend is D3 there and his wife(also my friend) will be my classmate for the next 4 years, and other friends from D1-D4, and I don't have to lose all my dental connections I made own my on in NC. So unless the worst happens, I plan on attending UNC in August.:)

Slim chance to be classmates each other..:( but whatever decision you make, I wish you the best luck in your future!! :xf:

Knife you got into Midwestern? Your predents is not updated

Also congratulations but how did you do that? I know theres more than meets the eyebut your predents is not the greatest

I agree with both your statements waitlisted2009. But, I'm finishing my MPH this summer and I've been working with native populations (in Alaska and South Dakota, through the Indian Health Service) developing oral health interventions for a while. I guess all I can say is you need more than just a stellar GPA to get into dschool.

Ldm, it's too bad we couldn't be classmates! I wish you the best of luck too, my friend! :thumbup: I still expect the occasional Korean pop-quizzes from you haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Knife you got into Midwestern? Your predents is not updated

Also congratulations but how did you do that? I know theres more than meets the eye but your predents is not the greatest

ps I can't see your predents profile? How come you're not on there :confused:

Could anyone who was accepted let us know how Maryland contacted you to offer acceptance? I just want to know so I can either stalk AADSAS, my email, or snail mail more! haha.

I interviewed yesterday and they said that there are very limited seats! Was saddened when I heard that

Could anyone who was accepted let us know how Maryland contacted you to offer acceptance? I just want to know so I can either stalk AADSAS, my email, or snail mail more! haha.

Email, followed by a formal acceptance letter about a week later. They didn't update AADSAS for a couple of weeks.

I interviewed yesterday and they said that there are very limited seats! Was saddened when I heard that

This surprises me. I interviewed on the 10th of Feb. and at the interview Dr. Meehan mentioned that there were definitely seats available. She never said how many but she made it sound like there were quite a few and the potential for even more after the deposit date. Additionally, I have noticed that there have not been any people accepted since some time around the end of January. Unless quite a few people have been getting acceptances that are not on here or predents, it seems odd that they would have done 4 interview dates in January with >10 people per date interviewed for a very limited number of seats. I guess we will see...maybe they are interviewing to get a big waitlist or something. Either way...she did say that those people that interviewed on the 10th could look to start hearing something back in about two weeks to as much as a couple months. The two weeks pretty much corresponds with the last group that interviewed this week.

This surprises me. I interviewed on the 10th of Feb. and at the interview Dr. Meehan mentioned that there were definitely seats available. She never said how many but she made it sound like there were quite a few and the potential for even more after the deposit date. Additionally, I have noticed that there have not been any people accepted since some time around the end of January. Unless quite a few people have been getting acceptances that are not on here or predents, it seems odd that they would have done 4 interview dates in January with >10 people per date interviewed for a very limited number of seats. I guess we will see...maybe they are interviewing to get a big waitlist or something. Either way...she did say that those people that interviewed on the 10th could look to start hearing something back in about two weeks to as much as a couple months. The two weeks pretty much corresponds with the last group that interviewed this week.

As far as from what I gathered yesterday, my interviewer stated that there are limited seats. Dr. Meehan stated that you are still in the game but you could hear really late. We have the same exact DAT scores btw, wierd.

oh supra i hope you're wrong. haha. maryland is my number one! :xf: for everyone waiting.

and thanks epictetus!

Someone is going to be hearing something within the next week or so if I had to guess. I would then guess a few last minute people will get accepted towards the end of march/mid-april and a couple people waitlisted at that time as well. I just cannot see them interviewing 50-60 people without the intention of accepting several. Supra...how many fellow students did you interview with this week? Does anyone else have interviews coming up there?

well, they are still interviewing since I have an interview for march 4th. I am not sure if this interview might be for waitlists since they have limited number of seats. Also who ever interviewed there, do you know if they offer any kind of grants or scholarships? Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Nothing really if you are out of state. MD residents apparently can apply for some through their state representative, but I zoned out at that part of the presentation as I am out of state. However you can get in state residence after your first year if you jump through all the right hoops. Definitely not one of the easier place to get it, but it is possible.

The school was off the hook! I would attend if I get accepted......

Hi Guys
I dont want to give negative feedbaks, but I am an reaaplicant, UMD puts so manyyyyy people on the waitlist, BUT the waitlist means nothing, it is just a polite rejection, in past 5 years or so, not so many people got off the waitlist ( I would say just 10 or 15), after Dec 1st they usually send acceptance bi weekly, but this month there wasnt any after Feb 3rd, but it could be those accepted people werent on predents or something, anyways good luck to u all, and lets hope that we hear something soon :xf::luck:

Hi Guys
I dont want to give negative feedbaks, but I am an reaaplicant, UMD puts so manyyyyy people on the waitlist, BUT the waitlist means nothing, it is just a polite rejection, in past 5 years or so, not so many people got off the waitlist ( I would say just 10 or 15), after Dec 1st they usually send acceptance bi weekly, but this month there wasnt any after Feb 3rd, but it could be those accepted people werent on predents or something, anyways good luck to u all, and lets hope that we hear something soon :xf::luck:

I agree... I have been waitlisted at UMD for the past two years now and this year had my interview waived. I still have yet to hear anything, but I am just praying for the best at this point. From what I have heard, typically 1-2 people are offered a seat each year which really is not that many considering the volume of people that get put on their waitlist.

hmm so i guess they interview a ton of people for not so many spots. that sucks! when did you guys find out when you all were on the waitlist? even though i'm in a school, i still hate this waiting game for the one i really want!

hmm so i guess they interview a ton of people for not so many spots. that sucks! when did you guys find out when you all were on the waitlist? even though i'm in a school, i still hate this waiting game for the one i really want!

Which school are you in? Yea I was so set on Tufts until I saw this school, lol. The fourth year students were phenomonal in answering everything in great depth, showing so much enthusiasm and really making the visit worthwhile. The technology implemented there, especially recorded lectures just in case you need to refer back to it at anytime was so nice. Taking the boards after the first year is something nice too, get it out of the way. And if I'm not mistaken, you start seeing patients really early! What a great school, I hope I hear back good news!

Which school are you in? Yea I was so set on Tufts until I saw this school, lol. The fourth year students were phenomonal in answering everything in great depth, showing so much enthusiasm and really making the visit worthwhile. The technology implemented there, especially recorded lectures just in case you need to refer back to it at anytime was so nice. Taking the boards after the first year is something nice too, get it out of the way. And if I'm not mistaken, you start seeing patients really early! What a great school, I hope I hear back good news!

VCU. which dont get me wrong is such a great school! but i had my heart set on maryland since applying. i'm out of state for both, but baltimore is more my speed since i'm from the north, and i spent 4 years of undergrad in VA...so i'm ready for a change of scenery haha.

supra, i actually have an interview at tufts monday, is this a waitlist spot? i'm cised to check out boston and tufts after reading that ridiculously large package haha.

Last year I interviewd very ealy (oct) and then I was put on the waitlist on march ( it was me and sooooooooooooooooo many other people), and this year even though I submited everything really early ( June), I got my interview at the end of Jan, so I dont really konw at this point, so lets just hope for goood:xf::luck:

Yea UMD is definitely my first choice right now even though I am in another school also. I just interviewed there and Dr. Meehan was very vague about how many spots because she seemed confident that more will be opening after their April 1st second deposit date, and then the May 1st deadline.

Hopefully I get in because I loved it when I was there.

VCU. which dont get me wrong is such a great school! but i had my heart set on maryland since applying. i'm out of state for both, but baltimore is more my speed since i'm from the north, and i spent 4 years of undergrad in VA...so i'm ready for a change of scenery haha.

supra, i actually have an interview at tufts monday, is this a waitlist spot? i'm cised to check out boston and tufts after reading that ridiculously large package haha.

no there are definitely still spots. I had my interview this week and they said that they have 135 deposits in right now (looking to have around 175 this year) but there may be more deposits coming in (not sure when their next deposit deadline is).

I interviewed on Dec 2 last year and despite 2 emails inquiring an approx notification time, i have yet to hear anything from UMD

no there are definitely still spots. I had my interview this week and they said that they have 135 deposits in right now (looking to have around 175 this year) but there may be more deposits coming in (not sure when their next deposit deadline is).

135 deposits? I have absolutely no idea how many they usually get and then have withdraw...that seems like a lot though. Do most schools give acceptances to that many people beyond the number they want in their class? Marylands class size is around 130 if I am not mistaken.

135 deposits? I have absolutely no idea how many they usually get and then have withdraw...that seems like a lot though. Do most schools give acceptances to that many people beyond the number they want in their class? Marylands class size is around 130 if I am not mistaken.

no sorry to confuse you but the question was about Tufts so thats what I was referring to. You're right about Maryland.

It's too bad that its in downtown Balt though, assuming you guys are accepted, how do you feel about that?

It's too bad that its in downtown Balt though, assuming you guys are accepted, how do you feel about that?

I did not mind the schools location at all. I have been to Baltimore many times and I really like the inner harbor area. There were some other places that dental students there mentioned they go to or live in that seem to be nice as well. The city itself, or at least what I have seen of it, is actually a plus for me.

I did not mind the schools location at all. I have been to Baltimore many times and I really like the inner harbor area. There were some other places that dental students there mentioned they go to or live in that seem to be nice as well. The city itself, or at least what I have seen of it, is actually a plus for me.

baltimore is super fun. it's really young, too. especially if you go to federal hill, fells point, or canton. inner haror is awesome...clearly maryland should just let me in because i talk it up so much haha.

Last edited:
bri guilty as charged ... I to think I may have a problem ... good luck at Tufts and let us know how it goes!

bri guilty as charged ... I to think I may have a problem ... good luck at Tufts and let us know how it goes!

haha i need to get off this site. it's driving me insane. possible classmates d? i'll let you know how it goes : )

haha i need to get off this site. it's driving me insane. possible classmates d? i'll let you know how it goes : )

classmates ... you know it

ok sorry, I deleted the message :)

Last edited:
Today I woke up with a very bad feeling of disappointment, I think Maryland is done for this cycle :( if not how come they havent sent out anything since the3rd ????????? its almost March, and I know they are still interviewing but I think theyjust want to show off their school :((

sorry if this gives u a negative energyy :((

Negative? After reading your post I couldn't be more upbeat!:soexcited:

Today I woke up with a very bad feeling of disappointment, I think Maryland is done for this cycle :( if not how come they havent sent out anything since the3rd ????????? its almost March, and I know they are still interviewing but I think theyjust want to show off their school :((

sorry if this gives u a negative energyy :((

Where the hell did you get this information from? There are prob qualified applicants that they want to get a chance to know before they just reject the remaining people. Dr. Meehan stated there are still seats, she wouldn't like about that. This post is unnecessary. Keep the negativity to yourself- do you have an acceptance?

Can i please switch places with you? I'm holding your spot at UMD, you're holding my spot at VCU. Well, actually not really since you're not a VA resident, but still haha.

Can i please switch places with you? I'm holding your spot at UMD, you're holding my spot at VCU. Well, actually not really since you're not a VA resident, but still haha.

hahah if only!

hahaha thats really funny

I Deleted the message :( sorry if it bothered u guys
Supraman, I said those things based on my exprience thats all, sorry if bothered u and no I dont have any other acceptance, Good Luck to u allllllllllllllll + myself:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I Deleted the message :( sorry if it bothered u guys
Supraman, I said those things based on my exprience thats all, sorry if bothered u and no I dont have any other acceptance, Good Luck to u allllllllllllllll + myself:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

No problem, the school is such a tease, the lecture hall setup is amazing, you have so much comfort vs the other school I was accepted to. It seems like you can go in, find a seat no problem, no disruption. People wouldn't know if you went or not, I WANT TO GET IT NOW

No problem, the school is such a tease, the lecture hall setup is amazing, you have so much comfort vs the other school I was accepted to. It seems like you can go in, find a seat no problem, no disruption. People wouldn't know if you went or not, I WANT TO GET IT NOW

I want it and I think I should get it because I don't have any other acceptances :smuggrin:.