Quantcast

Maryland Residence Med school Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

balux

Reaction score
24 year old female, Maryland residence
3.51 cgpa
3.33 scigpa

11 vebral
10 biol
9 physics

30 MCAT

350+ hours of volunteering at major hospital
50+ hours of research in a hospital
tons of extracurricular, worked my way through school, a life guard, clubs, volunteered at several clinics...etc. etc.

What are my chances at getting into a medical school for this application cycle, and where do I have a good chance.

Euxox

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have a great chance if you've already had your primary application verified. If not, you are in a bad spot because submitting secondaries in September or later is considered late and can seriously hurt your chances. If you have not even submitted your primary application yet, I would recommend holding off until the next cycle.

Your stats look roughly inline with University of Maryland (maybe a bit low, but you still have a very good chance of getting in). To find some other schools that are in your range, you should take a look at the SDN Medical School Matriculants Data and look for schools with average GPAs and MCAT scores that are similar to yours. I also recommend buying the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements) guide published by the AAMC.

I would plan on applying to about 15 schools if I were you. Don't make the mistake of applying to 4 or 5. Even if you have an excellent application, you are gambling if you apply to such a small number of schools.

Good luck with your applications!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.