x

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueskiespls

Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UCF is a great school, do you know your waitlist position yet? If it's upper third tier I've heard that's essentially an acceptance. I would go UCF but I'm from near the Lake Nona area originally so that's just my opinion.

It seems you are not too troubled by moving out of Florida. With that, I believe VCU and Maryland are better options for you. They are stronger schools. I'd lean VCU as it's got the diverse patient population you want, it's P/F, it's a little more affordable than Maryland, a little more nature friendly than Baltimore, and it's a decently ranked school. Seems to check the boxes pretty well.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems you are not too troubled by moving out of Florida. With that, I believe VCU and Maryland are better options for you. They are stronger schools. I'd lean VCU as it's got the diverse patient population you want, it's P/F, it's a little more affordable than Maryland, a little more nature friendly than Baltimore, and it's a decently ranked school. Seems to check the boxes pretty well.
thank you for your reply! i actually forgot to mention that I may qualify for IS tuition after first year at Maryland, so it may actually end up being about the same. I'm just not sure if this IS tuition is a guarantee

Members don't see this ad :)
UCF is a great school, do you know your waitlist position yet? If it's upper third tier I've heard that's essentially an acceptance. I would go UCF but I'm from near the Lake Nona area originally so that's just my opinion.
thank you so much for commenting, so I'm in the upper half (top of the middle third), not upper third... i was told that there's still a high chance but ofc less of a guarantee than upper third :/ do you know about the hospital affiliation change? do you think it will be an issue

I did not know about the hospital affiliation change but I don't think it would be an issue. Overall, UCF seemed like a great school, I would choose between your other schools and then stay on the UCF waitlist and see what happens. GL!

It seems like your heart is set on UCF (Mine is too, I'm on the upper 1/3rd of the WL). I would definitely go there if u get in. If not, I'd pick Maryland. It seems the most enticing based on the pros and cons for the other schools listed.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like your heart is set on UCF (Mine is too, I'm on the upper 1/3rd of the WL). I would definitely go there if u get in. If not, I'd pick Maryland. It seems the most enticing based on the pros and cons for the other schools listed.
thank you so much, hope you got the A!!