drsuya

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2008
The Land of Milk and Honey
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys! congratulations to those that have gotten accepted so far and to those that are still waiting, keep the faith alive!
These are my top 3 choices and I wish I could go to all 3. Maryland is my state school but I also really liked Temple and Tufts(Tufts gave me a mini scholarship~15k per year) They all have amazing facilities and awesome programs but I am conflicted. I like all of them. Maryland I am familiar with and is 15 mins down the road, I loved Temples strong focus on clinicals, and for Tufts, they have a great program plus they offered me some money?Which will you pick if you were in my situation and why?
All feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

OP
drsuya

drsuya

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2008
The Land of Milk and Honey
Status
Pre-Dental
1. Cheapest school
2. School you're most comfortable with
3. See #1

But seriously, what's the difference in price at these schools?
Well if we are looking at tuition costs, Maryland is the cheapest and will be around 130k for 4 years, Temple will be around 210K for 4 years and Tufts will be around 300K for 4 years(if I subtract the scholarship that'll be around 230K) This does not include living expenses. Where will I receive the best training is the question at hand I guess.

Illfavor

5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2012
Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
Well if we are looking at tuition costs, Maryland is the cheapest and will be around 130k for 4 years, Temple will be around 210K for 4 years and Tufts will be around 300K for 4 years(if I subtract the scholarship that'll be around 230K) This does not include living expenses. Where will I receive the best training is the question at hand I guess.
No clue about the best training, but I'd go to Maryland literally no question.

ModifiedBass

5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2013
Status
Dentist
I interviewed and was accepted at Maryland and Tufts and also live about 15 minutes from Baltimore. I would personally go Maryland from those options.

jHoon

5+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
I'll see you in the fall. I'm pretty sure I interviewed with you. Congratulations!