Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Maryland

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Olsen, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Olsen

Olsen Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello All,

Had anyone heard anything from Maryland? I submitted my secondary almost 1.5 months ago and still nothing. This seems to be a theme with me though.....I have 17 secs. out there and nothing yet! (Except rejections from Pritzker and UCSF).
    I am beginning to wonder......

Bye the Bye....I hope the app. process is going well for everyone. Best of Luck!

2. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm finishing up my secondary for Maryland this week, so I haven't heard from them yet (obviously). Are you in-state? Are you sure you application is complete? They may be waiting on something or other.

3. Olsen

Olsen Member
    7+ Year Member

Coalboy (btw cool name),

I am in-state alright. I will check my app. status tho.! How bout you?

4. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Towson, MD, born and raised. :) Lived here all my life, aside from four years in Vermont for college.

5. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi, my girlfriend was accepted at U.MD last week. She interviewed there sometime in October. She is MD resident. Hope this helps. Good luck!

6. trying2becomeMD

trying2becomeMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am out-state applicant, and have not even receive any word from U Maryland after submitting my primary on 7/5/01. Guess I am being ignored.

7. coop

coop Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey I'm an out-of-stater, I interviewed on 10/1 and was accepted on 10/23, I was the first day of regular decision applicants, but they are moving. I subsequently withdrew, so I hope one of you guys grabs my spot, best of luck to you.

8. Jonny-5

Jonny-5 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all!

I am an in-stater, sent in my secondary 9/17 and had an interview invite by the end of semptember. I interviewed on 10/29 and am nervously awaiting their decision. Two of my friends were recently accepted there and the turnaround time seems to be ~3-4 weeks.

Good Luck :)

9. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi folks,
    I interviewed at Maryland over five weeks ago and still haven't heard anything... so I think the turn-around time really varies. The lady at the admissions office said 6-8 weeks.

Good luck everyone! I hope each of you ends up where you want to be. :)

10. when I applied to Maryland I was placed on hold for interview for 4.5 months (without written notification), got the interview letter in January, interviewed in early March, and put in the "no decision" category 2 weeks later. It really varies a lot. I am not an MSI at Maryland because I was officially placed on the middle third of the waitlist in May, but I loved the school. I am extremely happy to be in med school at Tufts, but if I had gotten into Maryland I would have gone in a second. My advice is to stay in state because it is so much cheaper (and the hospital is fabulous). Tufts is a great school, better than Maryland in a number of respects, but it is just too damn expensive in comparison. good luck to all. BTW, I am a MD resident.