Massachusetts College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxplz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the differences between the three different campuses (Boston, Manchester, Worcester) at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

Boston has a 0+6 pharmacy program open to high school sudents. (Students can transfer in).
Manchester & Worcester are both traditional pharmacy schools where you have to take PCAT and have a good college GPA. I know 1 offers the regular 4 year pharmacy program and another offers a 3 year accelerated program. Might have to look that one up.

Both Worcester and Manchester MCPHS campuses have 3-year programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
MCPHS doesn't accept PCAT.

Last edited:
Boston has a 0+6 pharmacy program open to high school sudents. (Students can transfer in).
Manchester & Worcester are both traditional pharmacy schools where you have to take PCAT and have a good college GPA. I know 1 offers the regular 4 year pharmacy program and another offers a 3 year accelerated program. Might have to look that one up.

All three locations do not require PCAT. Boston Campus is 4 years program and others are accelerated but you can only apply one location. I knew someone got in last year with 3.0 GPA so I guess you do not need very good GPA.

Good luck all !

I heard that they take every students as long as you are qualified for student loans. you don't need good GPA or PCAT scores. They have very low NAPLEX and MPJE passing rate.

I heard that they take every students as long as you are qualified for student loans. you don't need good GPA or PCAT scores. They have very low NAPLEX and MPJE passing rate.

Mass. CoP @ Boston's NAPLEX is 86% and MPJE is 85%.
Mass CoP @ Worcester's NAPLEX is 92% and MPJE is 97%

I don't think 86%/85% is "very low."

For any of the campuses do you need to have a LOR from a guidance counselor or advisor?

I have been pre-med for the last 3 years but have realized it is not for me. I think a career as a doctor would be too stressful. Pharmacists always seem to be described as much more.... pleasant.

Now I am learning more about clinical pharmacy. My goal is to design chemotherapeutic regimens to fight cancer.

I live very close to MCPHS Boston. Could someone tell me where how well the school could prepare me to get into this field in terms of residency or any other mitigating factors? Is there another school that could be a better fit?

In case it matters, I have a BS from University of Central Florida, gpa 3.5 and MS from Tufts Medical School, gpa 3.6.

Thanks

Small new school? MCPHS opened in 1823...I wouldn't call that "new"

do you have any idea about the out of state tuition fee? And I cant find the pre-req requirements

Doesn't look like they charge OOS fees.

Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)

Boston

0-69 credits
$23,800$875 70+ credits
(Professional rate)
$28,000$875 Clinical Rotations
(All charged per credit)

$875 Post BS in Pharmacy PharmD
N/A$875 Worcester (6 or more credits)$38,100 (Annual)N/A Manchester (6 or more credits)$38,100 (Annual)N/A

The Boston campus specifically is a 0-6, hence no pre-requisite listing.

"Full-time, six-year degree"

Hey guys, I have a couple questions about the school:

1) the Manchester campus is in NH, so do students from that school take the MA state law exam or NH state law exam?

2) I was looking at Table 8, the characteristics of first year class, i don't see Manchester campus on it, just wonder why is that?

3) MA is a very small state with 3 pharmacy schools, just wondering do most people go out of state for job after graduation? and have to get a different state license and stuff?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I applied to the Worcester campus and got accepted, I just wanted to know, since u went to this school, how is it? And how is the program in general? I heard some good things and some bad things. I'm very confused because I got accepted at SJC too, so I am not sure which one I choose?! That's why I didn't send my deposit yet! Please help!

Hey Ninohish
How long did it take to hear back from Worcester campus after you applied?
Also, what were stats? GPA?

Thanks