Girl1985

5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2011
Status
Post Doc
Hi everyone
Passed the EPPP! :turtle: I plan to take the MA Jurisprudence exam soon,and was hoping someone could tell me what to expect. I couldn't find anything about it at the board's site or anywhere else.
I would really appreciate if people can share about their experience (how did you study, how long did you study for), and any concrete information like what's a passing grade?

Thank you very much!
Have a wonderful weekend :rolleyes:

ClinicalABA

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
New England
Status
Psychologist
Google "MA psychology jurisprudence" and you'll get a link to the PDF file of the "book." Study it and learn it. It's been awhile since I took it, but the laws are the same. It was a pretty straightforward test, with no real trick questions. Shouldn't take more than a weekend or two of studying.

kestrelcry

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2006
Status
Psychologist
I took it a couple weeks ago. There were some shockingly detailed questions on what I felt was really random ****. It's 20 questions; you get an hour and need 70% to pass. I only studied a few days and passed with lots of room to spare, but there were definitely some tense moments and some guessing.
When you register they'll send you the book pdf or a link to it. If you haven't already done it, the registration process is kind of a pain involving faxing your payment and other info. You can't schedule the test on the website, only by phone.
In addition to the book, there's also a cd with a lecture given years ago by some psychologists involved with ethics stuff. My understanding is that it's a free resource, so if you pm me your email address, I'll send it to you, assuming I can figure out how to compress the files. I listened to that a few times on my commute and read the accompanying notes a couple times maybe. I skimmed the actual book and maybe could have read it with more to have a more relaxing test experience. Bottom line is passing tho. To provide context, I'm historically a minimum-effort good text taker with wicked low anxiety.

Apr 1, 2014
Status
Psychology Student
Hi! Thanks for all the great advice on the MA jurisprudence exam. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the audio files of the CDs for the exam? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

psychedonpsych

2+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2016
Status
Psychology Student
Hi! Thanks for all the great advice on the MA jurisprudence exam. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the audio files of the CDs for the exam? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Hi there!
I am beginning to study for the Jurisprudence Exam. Do you folks know where to get the audio files? Thanks!

May 26, 2019
Status
Post Doc
Hi everyone! I just started studying for the Jurisprudence Exam last week and I have the book that is provided. I'm finding a lot of info in there that are largely irrelevant for the practice of psychology, am I right in sensing that or am I super far off? Are there a lot of hypothetical scenario questions like on the EPPP or is it more fact recall? If it's the latter, how much do I need to focus on chapter and section numbers? Any additional info about this exam would be so very much appreciated! Thank you!