BOTH Master the Boards vs. First Aid Step 2 CK for studying for USMLE Step 2? (and COMLEX)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evidenceBass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which book do you prefer and why? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Im using both and see glaring holes in MTB. It completely stops short of detail on diseases other than mentioning them. I end up using FA or uptodate to fill in those gaps. Honestly, best resource for me has been kaplan notes. They are a slog but its all in there and then some. just my 2cents.

Im using both and see glaring holes in MTB. It completely stops short of detail on diseases other than mentioning them. I end up using FA or uptodate to fill in those gaps. Honestly, best resource for me has been kaplan notes. They are a slog but its all in there and then some. just my 2cents.

I agree with there being big holes in MTB, I've heard so many people marvel about how it's the best for step 2 so I felt like I was missing something. For me, it's also impossible to find anything in that book! There is no table of contents at the beginning of each section, so I end up pointlessly turning the pages hoping a keyword jumps out at me...I would normally search for the key word on the pdf version but unfortunately I don't have a good pdf :-(

Reactions: 1 user