Master's/ Certificate graduate programs for Foreign Trained Dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lena77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stay away from stress

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have 97 TOEFL IBT, 87 NBDE1, OK ECE, not bad GRE, Over 3.0 GPA, Pass-Match participant, many letters of recommendations.

Applied to 34 different dental departments (known dental departments and dental department that you never heard of them or that they are related to Dentistry) at many schools nation wide and that cost me $3000. NONE of them asked me for an interview (GOT REJECTED) so do NOT even think of going down that road, they are just after your application fee.

These programs are for DDS/DMD with research and publication solid experience and International dentists who currently abroad (first world countries) that going to come for education and leave after.

SAD BUT TRUE

Last edited:
I have 98 TOEFL IBT, passed NBDE1, OK ECE, not bad GRE, Pass-Match, many letters of recommendations.

Applied to 34 different dental departments (known dental departments and dental department that you never heard of them or that they are related to Dentistry) at many schools nation wide and that cost me $3000. NONE of them asked me for an interview (GOT REJECTED) so do NOT even think of going down that road, they are just after your application fee.

These programs are for DDS/DMD with research and publication solid experience and International dentists who currently abroad (first world countries) that going to come for education and leave after.

SAD BUT TRUE

Lena, this is not always true.

I have a friend who did prostho at Baylor right after graduating. A friend on Harvard doing perio. He had very little experience. And two friends in BOston.
HOWEVER, this year seems like A LOT of Americans applied for graduate programs. I guess the crisis made them want to go back to school.
All my friends had little experience when applied, but they did have experience on research at school/ publications etc...
This year was a hard batch. And I feel your pain. Applied to 9 perio programs and got rejected from ALL. Some didnt even bother to send rejection letter!!!!. I am on waitlist for Harvard to interview but i dont think i will hear from them.. I am glad I applied for the IDS program...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice.....I'm foreign trained Pediatric Dentist, I got acceptance in IDP program, but they never called me from Pediatric Programs, I applied to 7 pedo programs, and nothing yet......I'm not going to wait anymore....I called and ask about my status and some said that I didn't earn the DDs degree, but believe me, I applied to these programs because I have some opportunity to compete just like said in PASS and programs requirements.

I have 98 TOEFL IBT, passed NBDE1, OK ECE, not bad GRE, Pass-Match, many letters of recommendations.

SAD BUT TRUE

SAD BUT TRUE

hi,
I don't understand why you want the certificate program. have you done a good research on dentist job opportunities in USA just based on certificate instead of degree? and also, what about the green card app? harder or same?

edu is one side of this problem. the biggest problem is after edu.

I don't mean answers for those are negative. I'm just curious.. really

Hi I have applied to 10 schools for masters in Prostho. Have been rejected by 7 so far. Im a dentist from India with very little work experience, but have decent credentials (GPA-4.0, NBDE Part 1- 88, Toefl-111), good recommendations, one pending publication (done a review article during internship that is accepted but yet to be published).
Im getting worried after so many rejects. I have to still hear from 3 schools so still hoping but I really don't know what my chances are. Can anyone give me an idea about what I should do? I have begun my prep for part 2 but I really wonder if I will even get an interview call!
Anyone in the same boat??

Hi I have applied to 10 schools for masters in Prostho. Have been rejected by 7 so far. Im a dentist from India with very little work experience, but have decent credentials (GPA-4.0, NBDE Part 1- 88, Toefl-111), good recommendations, one pending publication (done a review article during internship that is accepted but yet to be published).
Im getting worried after so many rejects. I have to still hear from 3 schools so still hoping but I really don't know what my chances are. Can anyone give me an idea about what I should do? I have begun my prep for part 2 but I really wonder if I will even get an interview call!
Anyone in the same boat??
wish you best of luch i hope you get selection in rest of 3.

guys how much is your GRE score??I think one needs high GRE scores to be selected into masters programs.

guys how much is your GRE score??I think one needs high GRE scores to be selected into masters programs.
can anybody give us some info abt GRE please

Its been 3 years! Has anybody got accepted for postgrad?

Hi i am a practicing pediatric dentist from india, hoping to get my permanent residency in USA in two months. I am interested in doing MS in orthodontics/ pediatric dentistry from USA. What the probabilities of getting admission after all the requirements like tofel, gre, nbde 1 nd 2 are met?
my second question is :- In which states in USA can we practice with only a MS in ortho/pedo from a ada or coda accredited school/

am interested in pursuing a master's/residency program and would like to discuss experiences with those who are or will be in the same route. Yahoo chat michelleg5254(at)yahoo(dot)com. Voice and text work. Hope to hear from y'all! Michelle xoxo