Master's Degree & Applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voirlesetoiles

Focus.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey SDN, I've missed you after a small hiatus. Here's the story... I didn't do so great on the MCAT in July, I'm planning on a retake in April. I'm graduating with a B.S. in May.

Now the question is.... Can I be enrolled in a 2 year master's program and applying to med schools? Is that a good reason to defer enrollment for a year or do med schools require that you apply to matriculate in the year that the master's degree finishes?

Members don't see this ad.

hey SDN, I've missed you after a small hiatus. Here's the story... I didn't do so great on the MCAT in July, I'm planning on a retake in April. I'm graduating with a B.S. in May.

Now the question is.... Can I be enrolled in a 2 year master's program and applying to med schools? Is that a good reason to defer enrollment for a year or do med schools require that you apply to matriculate in the year that the master's degree finishes?

I would call up one or several schools and ask them.

Do you know when you have to request deferment? If its after acceptance, then consider that I'm in a two year masters program and many of the schools require a letter from my grad department certifying good standing and that I'm completing by June '08 before considering me for an interview. If you can't provide that, then you may not get to the interview/acceptance stage. I would check.

:luck: