Masters degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteoluv

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me some info on Master degree programs at osteo med schools that will enhance my application for admissons to Osteopathic med school? I am already aware of PCOM and NOVA's programs
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

AZCOM is starting a Master of Bio-Ethics starting next fall. Call the admission's office for info.

I am finishing my M.S. at TCOM in Anatomy and Cell Biology. TCOM has active research going on in at least 5 departments. (Pharmacology, Molecular Biology/Immunology, Microbiology, Physiology, and Anat.& Cell Bio.) The unfortunate thing is that up until now, graduate students were able to take the medical courses with the TCOM students as part of the graduate curriculum. This had tremendous impact on my application because my grades were low in undergrad. but I was in the top 5 of three of the medical classes. TCOM is moving to the integrated curriculum now so grad. students will not be in the medical courses. This is still a good route to take. Make sure you do your background reading on what you want to research before you apply. Know the major researchers in the field; not only at that school but around the world as well. Also, it doesn't hurt to find out which professors are on the admissions committee and try to get to know them. This is not ass-kissing, it is taking charge of your future. If I had it to do over again, I would get into a graduate program at a larger medical school. The funding is better and the graduate schools are more organized. All in all, I can't complain. I entered graduate school in order to enhance my application and I accomplished that. I am accepted to medical school. Good Luck. Persistence is the key to 99% of the doors that you THINK are locked.