Masters in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egh11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would like to study a masters in Public Health in Europe. I have read really good comments about LSHTM but I haven't really found much information about other universities. Can anyone recommend me some other good universities in Europe?

I have also found one programme called EuroPubHealth (Erasmus Mundus European Masters in Public Health), does anyone know anything else about it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard of EuroPubHealth, but I know that the University of Copenhagen in Denmark has a great Global Health program with awesome connections. One can also use US federal grants/loans there.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll find a lot of the best in the UK. LSHTM is probably the top public health school in Europe, and arguably one of the most prestigious international health schools in the world. Imperial College London, University of Edinburgh, University of Sheffield, and Cambridge are also worth considering.

Apply broadly, but look most strongly at LSHTM.

Agree, LSHTM is definitely the best in Europe

If I obtain my MPH/MHA from Europe and return back to the States, would employers give me a hard time? Would I have better chances of finding a job with a US masters degree in public health/healthcare admin vs. a European MS degree?

If I obtain my MPH/MHA from Europe and return back to the States, would employers give me a hard time? Would I have better chances of finding a job with a US masters degree in public health/healthcare admin vs. a European MS degree?

I think that the biggest factor you will face with getting a degree in healthcare admin in Europe and then coming back to the US would be the differences in healthcare. Employers here might be hesitant to hire you since they can't guarantee that you gained training relevant to US healthcare. Additionally, if you have any interest in using your MPH to work for the US government, they often require you to go to a CEPH accredited school/program. However, as others have said, LSHTM is an excellent program that is regarded very highly pretty much everywhere. I would just make sure that you consider all factors and look at what you want to do with your degree before going out of the states to get it.