Masters in Health Administration a good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

air bud

I am a dog and play basketball
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping some residents/attendings could offer some insight about getting a MHA degree. I already have finance and marketing degrees from my original undergrad. I am accepted to a pod school already that has an MHA program. I am working odd jobs while waiting for school to start next august. I figure I could knock out a 3 or 4 classes from the first block by the time school starts and make for an easier load in pod school. Ideas? I have an interest in this and think it would help since pod jobs seem to be transitioning from single pod practices to multi specialty groups.

Members don't see this ad.

Naw, stick to getting a JD degree. It's the best way to go! Cheers!

I was hoping some residents/attendings could offer some insight about getting a MHA degree. I already have finance and marketing degrees from my original undergrad. I am accepted to a pod school already that has an MHA program. I am working odd jobs while waiting for school to start next august. I figure I could knock out a 3 or 4 classes from the first block by the time school starts and make for an easier load in pod school. Ideas? I have an interest in this and think it would help since pod jobs seem to be transitioning from single pod practices to multi specialty groups.

If it's DMU, your academic adivsor won't sign off for you to take Master's classes until you've gone through at least 1 semester. This is to make sure you can handle the course load. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but not many. Unless you go to another university to take your classes, then you can do whatever pleases your heart.

Good luck.