Masters in Oral Biology as a back up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andja

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently applying to dental school now and awaiting to here from the back. If I don't get in this cycle I was thinking about applying to a masters program. But I understand the masters cycle starts in December, right in the middle of the dental school cycle. I was wondering if anyone on sdn had any experience or advice on masters programs as a back up in case they didn't get into dental school. I did not want to have any gap years so that's why I am thinking about applying to a masters program in case I don't enroll into dental school next fall. Also any recommendations on masters programs in oral biology or any dental related programs would be much appreciated thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The only Masters in Oral Bio I've ever heard of is at NYU. I'm sure there are others...
I thought the same thing and didn't want to do two gap years. I didn't apply to any program. I'm sure if you have both above average stats and confidence, you'll get into dental school. Hope you have plans for this coming gap year, even if it's planning a vacation or getting a job.

The only Masters in Oral Bio I've ever heard of is at NYU. I'm sure there are others...
I thought the same thing and didn't want to do two gap years. I didn't apply to any program. I'm sure if you have both above average stats and confidence, you'll get into dental school. Hope you have plans for this coming gap year, even if it's planning a vacation or getting a job.
Thanks! I would like to think i have the stats to get in a dental school. But I just want to have a back up in case. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Both Midwestern Universities have a 9 month Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences. This program has an articulation agreement to both Midwestern dental schools. Or it will help you get into another dental school.

Both Midwestern Universities have a 9 month Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences. This program has an articulation agreement to both Midwestern dental schools. Or it will help you get into another dental school.
Awesome thanks! thats good to know. But would you know if they look down at me applying to their masters? I am applying to midwestern's dental program right now, so would they think it's weird since I would apply to their masters?