Master's Programs: NYU Oral Biology / UMDNJ / Barry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gryffindor29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been recently accepted to several masters programs. I've heard great things about the UMDNJ (now Rutgers) program and awesome things about Barrys SMP. Has anyone heard or completed the program at NYU? I know it's a MS in Biology program, with a concentration in Oral Biology (so it's not really accredited). But I'm really attracted to the program and what it has to offer.

To those who completed the NYU program, have you thought it was worth it?

Has it helped you get into dental school (obviously if you've excelled in your graduate studies)?

Is the tuition worth it? I feel like I shouldn't enroll in a masters program that's so expensive because I'll have dental school loans ahead of me too...

Are the professors and advisors helpful?

Thank you so much! I'm leaning towards Barry's but if anyone has any insight (other than previous threads) on these programs I'd very much appreciate it! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Barry and got into the 18 month program. I would've chosen Barry if they admitted me into the 12 month program because then I could of reapplied this June and gotten in next cycle but with the 18 month program you'd have to wait another year which I really didn't want to do. My decision would depend on the length of the program

Reactions: 1 user