Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Master's Programs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by FutureTeethDr, Jun 12, 2001.

1. FutureTeethDr

FutureTeethDr New Member

Hi everyone! I am just wondering if anyone here has applied for a masters program in biomedical sciences. I applied at Nova and at Barry. If anyone has any information about these programs or any others, please reply. Thanks!

Dee ;)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. wannabedoctor

wannabedoctor Member

Hello,

Currently, I am attending nova southeastern for my master's degree in speech language pathology. I considered going to medical school. I contacted Barry university. Barry has a great rapour with NOva. They ecept many students from their. As far as the dental school I have heard nothing but good things. The only down fall regarding Barry id their price per credit. VERY EXPENSIVE If you can get in to Nova then who cares......

Mike

4. kidterrific

kidterrific Senior Member

Wayne State University in Detroit has a Masters in Basic Medical Sciences. Pretty useful program. Find out more at www.med.wayne.edu

Hope it helps.

5. together

together Senior Member

Boston University School of Medicine offers a one-year M.A. program in Biomedical Sciences. From what I have heard it is highly competitive and expensive. However, over 90% of M.A. graduates go on to their first-choice medical school upon completion of the program.

Cheers,

Together

6. sanders

sanders New Member

I am living proof that a masters degree in Biomedical science from Barry University can help. I am currently finishing my second year of medical school after attending and receiving my masters in biomedical science from Barry University, also one of my best friends went to school there with me and also got a masters in biomedcial science. He is finishing his 2nd year of dental school. Going down to Florida was a life changing experience for me and my friend. I believe both programs Nova/Barry are strong. But be aware the masters program was far more competive than I ever thought it would be, it is also very expensive. Good luck and if your going to get a masters degree why not do it in sunny Florida. Best of luck. If you have any questions leave a message at this site.