Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewYorkDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any masters degrees that look good to medical schools? I'm doing a two year break for teach for america and I'd like to stay in school part time, at night.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're dreaming. I have a friend who is doing Teach for America and he has absolutely no free time whatsoever. But maybe it depends on what program you are doing or what you are teaching. Just make sure to not get in over your head because bad grades in a master's program will definately NOT look good to medical schools.

Are there any masters degrees that look good to medical schools? I'm doing a two year break for teach for america and I'd like to stay in school part time, at night.
If you're asking if there are certain Masters degrees which will increase your chances of getting into medical school, probably not. The effect of graduate studies is not likely to be significant.

However, since it sounds like you want to stay in school and I agree that would prove, in and of itself, beneficial, I would consider an MPH, MBA or MHA, as choices which could help you in the future (beyond med school admission).

Members don't see this ad :)
Teaching........it's very honorable. But it's soooooooooo much work.

What grade(s) are you interested in teaching?

Peace out!

I'm interested in doing ages below 8 or 9. I'm either doing it or the Peace Corps, and I can't figure out which I'd like most!