Match '04

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odoreater

Cybernetic Ghost
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my ERAS.........finally....and was wondering if we could start a thread where we start sharing info about where everyone is applying..........when interviews start comming in.......etc

I will start........

I have applied to 31 programs mostly in NYC and Boston though I have approx 10 outside of the 2 states.........hope to interview at 15 (though I have no concept of how to fit it into my 1 month off or how to afford the travel)..........

Good luck to everyone. It's hard to believe that its our turn to go through this process.

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to 14 programs: 12 in nyc and LI and 2 just for fun (mass gen and B&W).

good thread...I'll share my side:

I have applied to 22 IM programs, 6 Chicago programs and the rest being out of state (UWash, Stanford, UCSF, WashU, Tulane, Vandy, Emory, Case, Pitt, UMich, Mt. Sinai, Cornell, Brown, Yale, BWH, and MGH).

I submitted my CAF, PS, and USMLE transcript on Tuesday. About half of the programs have downloaded this info. already. I will review my Dean's Transcript on Monday for submission. My LoR's are still not ready.

Buena suerte,
-S.

Members don't see this ad :)
sent my application off this morning - applied to 24 programs overall, northeast and west coast. Hoping the gods are with me.

I am done with my application, but all my LORs are not in yet. I guess I didn't know that I could submit my application before I have all my LORs and scores included. I've been waiting until everything is in before submitting. If someone wouldn't mind explaining how this works, or where I could find out, I would appreciate it!

Maire

Originally posted by Maire
I am done with my application, but all my LORs are not in yet. I guess I didn't know that I could submit my application before I have all my LORs and scores included. I've been waiting until everything is in before submitting. If someone wouldn't mind explaining how this works, or where I could find out, I would appreciate it!

Maire

You should definitely submit your app now and apply to the programs you want to now. Your app doesn't need to be complete before you submit, but waiting until nov. 1st (when your dean's letter goes out) will be detrimental towards your chances of getting interviewed anywhere. Turn everything else in on an as soon as possible basis.

I'm planning on submitting my application this weekend. I have the PS and CV done. At least one LOR is in, but I'm not sure how many others. I do not feel that my CV is strong, but I have a 267 Step one, Junior AOA ,and all A's on rotations. I would like to only apply to 15 programs and interview only 10. What do you think?

Originally posted by Hop Toad
I'm planning on submitting my application this weekend. I have the PS and CV done. At least one LOR is in, but I'm not sure how many others. I do not feel that my CV is strong, but I have a 267 Step one, Junior AOA ,and all A's on rotations. I would like to only apply to 15 programs and interview only 10. What do you think?

Not sure if this is a serious post, but 15 programs should be fine for you. I would apply to 2-3 mediocre/safety schools in addition to the top 12 schools that you will no doubt be considering, but if you only go to all of your safeties if you get bad vibes from the top schools during your interviews. Going to 10 interviews is the norm, my internal medicine PD told me to aim to apply to ~15 programs and interview at 10 too and I don't have anywhere near your supposed numbers.

I'm flattered that you think this was a hoax. It's real! But, I am worried that the CV is not real impressive. No pres. of med school class, no saving of any third world nations, etc. Research, but nothing published. I think my LOR's will be good. I attend a well respected public university but worry about the snob factor of the top programs affecting my chances as well.

Thanks for your opinon. I have been advised to interview about 10 schools. Still sounds very time consuming and expensive.