Match 06?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cynicalutopian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG and I was just wondering to be eligible for the match of 2006 by when should I ve taken everything ....I was told that i needed to ve taken all the xams by dec 31 05 to be eligible that gives me till apr 05 to go for my step 1 however others tell me that the deadline to ve a reasonable go at the match is nov or late oct which shifts my step 1 to mar
Now i know the sooner i do it the better its but i need to know the deadline so i can at least prepare can someone kindly throw some light on this.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am also interested in the timeline.

I believe the deadline to have taken ALL the exams is Dec 31st. If you take Step 1 in the next few months, what about Step 2CK and CS? You also have to take into account the time it takes for the scores to come back also (which I heard is about 1 month for Step 2 CK and 3 months for Step 2 CS).

You want to apply as early as possible in order to garner the maximum amount of interviews. Registration opens around August the year prior to the match. At best, you would want all your score ready by August so that you can have them ready when you apply for the match.

Does anyone know whether if programs will look at your application if all your scores haven't been sent yet? I mean let's say I am waiting for my Step 2 CS score (which takes so long to get back)...will the programs I am applying to even look at my application (although my Step 2 CK and Step 1 scores are in)?

If there is something I'm missing here, please tell me. I am also confused with the timetable.

Last year I read about one IMG that actually took step 2 (not sure if it was the CS or not) in February :eek: .

Why the deadline for step 1? I don't think there is any rule stating that you need x-amount of time btwn steps 1 and 2. Basically, IMO, you want to have as much done as possible before you start applying in September.

tlew12778 said:
Last year I read about one IMG that actually took step 2 (not sure if it was the CS or not) in February :eek: .

Why the deadline for step 1? I don't think there is any rule stating that you need x-amount of time btwn steps 1 and 2. Basically, IMO, you want to have as much done as possible before you start applying in September.

well it is advised to finish all ur steps by sep end and have results out and ecfmg certified by oct end to get max no of interviews. if not, no of interviews lessen, and also the the good hospitals dont generally go for u