Match 2005: Pathology residency applicants (Step 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How well did you do on Step 2 (2 digit score)?

• 70-74

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 75-79

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 80-84

• 85-89

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 90-94

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 95-99

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • I don't know, I didn't take it yet!

• Total voters
AndyMilonakis said:
you should study osce. you only got like a week or so left before the big day.
In a moment of sheer stupidity I said to call me if there's anything interesting.
banghead.gif

That's it I'm doomed.

Members don't see this ad.

deschutes said:
In a moment of sheer stupidity I said to call me if there's anything interesting.
banghead.gif

That's it I'm doomed.
but as medical students we feel obligated to say stuff like that. med students are in such a precarious situation. look enthusiastic when you don't care. look interested when all you wanna do is go somewhere else and study or even sleep.

oh well, i hope you don't get called. most likely, the resident will just forget to call you or decide not to do so. residents frequently would NOT call me because they just forgot to or they thought I wanted my sleep. Maybe they saw me as a distraction. or maybe i didn't look all uber-enthusiastic enough :rolleyes:

deschutes said:
banghead.gif

One of the OB people on a call night said to go to bed and she would call me if there was anything interesting. I said, "That's ok, you don't have to." And she said fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
One of the OB people on a call night said to go to bed and she would call me if there was anything interesting. I said, "That's ok, you don't have to." And she said fine.
I bet you honored that rotation too.

The grading system in third year is sooooo whack! I work 2 hours a day on anesthesia and get myself a high pass. Work 80-100 hours a week on internal medicine. Big fat pass. WTF? :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:
I bet you honored that rotation too.

The grading system in third year is sooooo whack! I work 2 hours a day on anesthesia and get myself a high pass. Work 80-100 hours a week on internal medicine. Big fat pass. WTF? :laugh:

They actually didn't give out any honors that year in OB. Everybody either got below expected (like 2%), expected (78%) or above expected (20%). I got above expected, but probably only because I asked for all my evals from my Gyn-onc rotation where I was a fountain of both useful pathologic knowledge and the designated male whipping boy for 4 nice ladies.

yaah said:
They actually didn't give out any honors that year in OB. Everybody either got below expected (like 2%), expected (78%) or above expected (20%). I got above expected, but probably only because I asked for all my evals from my Gyn-onc rotation where I was a fountain of both useful pathologic knowledge and the designated male whipping boy for 4 nice ladies.
waitaminute...you had a 4 tiered grading system? man, that is whack!