Match Day: Email notification or login to NRMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike4284m

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us without a ceremony at school on Thursday, will we receive an e-mail with our match result or will we have to log into the NRMP website after 1PM?

Members don't see this ad.

Both, at least that was my impression.

Either one. I wont be able to access a computer at 1 on match day so will be checking on phone email.

Experience in prior years is that the emails tend to come before the website portal opens. The emails tend to start coming 10 minutes before the official release time of 1:00 PM

Sounds good. I wasn't sure if the e-mail was just a link to login at the NRMP website.

As a cruel joke, I will be on a plane till 2 o'clock Thursday. My "smart" phone can check my email when I land, but won't support the NRMP homepage.

Just to be clear, so we get our actual match result by email also on Thursday, not just a link to the R3 website? The R3 website doesn't work on my smartphone. Thanks.

Just to be clear, so we get our actual match result by email also on Thursday, not just a link to the R3 website? The R3 website doesn't work on my smartphone. Thanks.

That is correct. You will get an email titled "Where Did I Match?" and in the body of the email will be the name of the program and the specialty you matched to.