Match Day Stream

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why would you watch some random match ceremony when the NCAA tournament starts today???
Weird. Weird. Weird vicarious living.

Members don't see this ad :)
its not a random match ceremony for me considering i go to ASU

Haha. For you it would not be random. But for a pre-allo board, it is kinda random.

Also, yeah, Louisville, wtf.. I had them winning two in my bracket.... Picked Richmond to win two, though, so that's looking mighty possible.

What are some of the traditions?
Who gets the dollar bucket?

Wow, did everyone watch Vandy's match today? I'll have to tell the fourth years they were very popular :D

So every senior going up there puts a dollar in the fishbowl. Each also chooses a song to have play when they're walking down. They are supposed to say the specialty first and then where they're going.

The last person to be called gets the whole fishbowl. The second to last and third to last get a gift card (to PF Chang's I think?)

I believe the tradition is that the person who gets all the cash just opens a tab for his/her classmates that night when they all go out.

I never understood the spectacle. What if you didn't want to share this with everyone or if you got your last choice?

Well, first of all you don't have to do the whole going up in front of everybody thing. You can choose not to open your letter in public at all. Also, I believe in theory you can walk in front of the class and not read your letter out loud, but I don't think anyone has ever done that before cause it's easier to pretend you got what you wanted.

As a rule, it's a huge faux pas to ask a fourth year what his/her top 3 choices are, so they can often keep it a secret.

If you watch these match day streams backward, they're about a bunch of excited med students reading letters, sealing them in envelopes, and then waiting around anxiously.

It doesn't appear that you are ever going to be a doctor, so lucky for you, you don't have to understand the match day spectacles.

ohhh, burn backs hurt, huh? :(

Even though she's banned, I just gotta say...SUCK IT I got in.