Match day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalGal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is match day still on Feb. 1st, or has it changed? The TMDSAS website still says it's on Feb. 1st, but the Texas Tech admissions site says that it's on Feb. 15th, and that there had been rolling admissons from around Nov. to Dec. 31st. It says that Texas schools are participating in a combination of rolling and match admissions this year. Is this true or is Texas Tech just really slow at updating their website? Is this old info. from a previous year?? I'm a little confused. I thought match day was on Feb. 1st like last year. That's what the TMDSAS site says. Does the different match day and rolling admissions just apply to out of staters and not in-staters??? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

DentalGal said:
Is match day still on Feb. 1st, or has it changed? The TMDSAS website still says it's on Feb. 1st, but the Texas Tech admissions site says that it's on Feb. 15th, and that there had been rolling admissons from around Nov. to Dec. 31st. It says that Texas schools are participating in a combination of rolling and match admissions this year. Is this true or is Texas Tech just really slow at updating their website? Is this old info. from a previous year?? I'm a little confused. I thought match day was on Feb. 1st like last year. That's what the TMDSAS site says. Does the different match day and rolling admissions just apply to out of staters and not in-staters??? :confused:
DentalGal,
I believe Tech updated their website for the next cycle already, and since next year there will be combination of rolling admissions with match, that's why their website says the following. If I am wrong, someone correct me...hope it helps! and best of luck for the match, which I believe should be on Feb 1 :)

Match should still be Feb 1. This year out of state students were admitted through rolling admission starting Oct. 15 although not every one got admitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Instate---Feb 1

Out-of-State--rolling admission....however, i do remember a number of schools (can't remember right now) that did tell out of state applicants to use the match if they didnt hear back by then. Dont quote me on this, but i do remember this at one of my interviews. I can't remember