excalibur

15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Anyone else? My brother, who is in my class, had one two nights ago, and I just had one last night. His dream dealt with the actual ceremony with the envelopes. Mine dealt with finding out I matched somewhere on Monday and being told under the table where I matched before the ceremony. This whole process is a total mind f*ck.

D

deleted113029

Anyone else? My brother, who is in my class, had one two nights ago, and I just had one last night. His dream dealt with the actual ceremony with the envelopes. Mine dealt with finding out I matched somewhere on Monday and being told under the table where I matched before the ceremony. This whole process is a total mind f*ck.

:laugh: knowing that i only dream after major events have transpired, i will dream about the match when i am in residency.

grishko2007

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This was from a few nights ago. I open the envelope on match day and see the name of a program I'd never heard of (in Vermont of all places and that does not exist in real life), and didn't interview at. Turns out I didn't match, and our program secretary went ahead and scrambled for me without my knowing, and entered the new program in my envelope for match day as if nothing had happened. I remember feeling intensely grateful and wanting to hit her at the same time. :eek:

About the Ads

Doc Ivy

Miss Understood
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
Seattle
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So strange... I don't feel nervous during the day but every night for the past week I've been having dreams of opening the envelope and matching to a different place. None have them have been nightmares so I guess that's a good sign ;)

So glad I'm not the only one subconsciously obsessing about this stuff.

tiredmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I've had one a few different nights now... I'm at our match ceremony, open my envelope, and it's all written like a drug insert... with the chemistry diagrams and the teeny-tiny writing... and I can't figure out where I matched.

Medical123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2001
Status (Visible)
I dreamed that the new Daylight Savings Time crashed the NRMP computers and all of us had to put our ROL's in again and wait even longer for the results! I guess that is what I get for taking a nap during the evening news!:laugh:

wadoc

Resident
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Denver
Status (Visible)
A couple weeks ago I dreamed I opened the envelope to see my #1, last week I dreamed the envelope showed my #2. No dreams since, and hoping I don't go all the way down the list to "you did not match" before next monday.

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
Waco, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I've had one a few different nights now... I'm at our match ceremony, open my envelope, and it's all written like a drug insert... with the chemistry diagrams and the teeny-tiny writing... and I can't figure out where I matched.

That's a great dream--Freud and Jung would have a field day with that one!

Endless hurdle upon endless hurdle...even the simplest thing like reading one line that tells you where you matched is made insurmountably complicated.

Hang in there, it's almost over!

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
Waco, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I dreamed that the new Daylight Savings Time crashed the NRMP computers and all of us had to put our ROL's in again and wait even longer for the results! I guess that is what I get for taking a nap during the evening news!:laugh:

Okay, that doesn't sound implausible. :scared:

I guess it's like all those Y2K doomsday proclamations, computers going haywire, etc....and that didn't exactly pan out, so I guess we're safe. ;)

werewethere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Sounds like we ALL need to scramble...

...Into Psych...

...As Patients!

Good luck to all!

dpmd

Relaxing
10+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Lazytown
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I had one a few weeks ago where I found out I didn't match (reliving last year I guess). Last night I dreamt I was visiting old coworkers for christmas (why, I don't know) and was tearfully sharing with them then news that I matched and was going to be training at (only mumbles came out of my mouth). Note I said that I was GOING to be training at someplace, when I should already be in training at christmas. Weird.

charlatangirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2002
Chicago
www.fotki.com
Status (Visible)
had one in which i didn't match
had one in which i matched in Arkansas
had TWO in which i matched at my #1

i'm not superstitious or into dream interpretation but i can't make heads or tails of my pre-Match dreams......

mig26x

15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Miami, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
This is a real dream I had approx during January, I was in this interview where the nurses were walking around in mini-skirts and open shirts (showing cleavage).

gluon

15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

HAHA thats hilarious... :laugh:

RockLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This is a real dream I had approx during January, I was in this interview where the nurses were walking around in mini-skirts and open shirts (showing cleavage).

ahahah, so which residency program did you rank #1? ;)

GeauxTigers22

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Had one 2 weeks before ROL was due that I matched at my number 2. Switched that to my number one a few days later. Hope it was a sign.

VanDude

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I participated in the AUA match for Urology. The night before the Uro results were due to be released, I dreamt that my AUA match result states that I have matched into program X. The strange thing is that program X was actually a non-uro program which was one of my fall back choices in the NRMP match.

Needless to mention that I did not match in the AUA match, so I am now waiting for next week to see if that dream from 2 months ago would finally come true. Stay tuned!

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
in hell
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I participated in the AUA match for Urology. The night before the Uro results were due to be released, I dreamt that my AUA match result states that I have matched into program X. The strange thing is that program X was actually a non-uro program which was one of my fall back choices in the NRMP match.

Needless to mention that I did not match in the AUA match, so I am now waiting for next week to see if that dream from 2 months ago would finally come true. Stay tuned!

I haven't had prognostic dreams for the match, although I wish I did!

I had one for step 1 though. Had this recurring dream that I kept walking out to the mailbox to get my step 1 score. I'd rip open the letter and see my 3 and 2 digit score exactly like it was shown on the real letter. Kept seeing the same score. 5 or 6 days straight. I freaked out more not because of my score when it finally did come, but became the score was the same one I had in the dream. Both 2 and 3 digit.

My anxiety was MUCH higher though then.

Venus21pam

Freakin' peachy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2005
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
OK, here it goes, my dream from 2 days ago:

It is already post ROL submission deadline but for some reason I didn't interview at program X yet. However, I have already ranked program X as my #1 spot - based on reputation, hearsay etc. - and submitted my list.
So I am heading to the pre-interview dinner and for some reason my younger brother is going with me. We sit in a crappy little restaurant with bunch of other applicants, a few residents and some members of the interviewing committee (???). The residents are pretty mean and tell us how bad the program is - how they work you out, how the hours suck etc. On top of that my brother keeps making stupid comments about everything and embarrassing me in front of everyone. The dinner - and my interview - turns out to be a total disaster.

The weirdest dream ever :) Interview post ROL deadline ??
Anyways, program X is not really my #1 and the interview with them went pretty well actually. So go figure :rolleyes:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.