Match dreams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excalibur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else? My brother, who is in my class, had one two nights ago, and I just had one last night. His dream dealt with the actual ceremony with the envelopes. Mine dealt with finding out I matched somewhere on Monday and being told under the table where I matched before the ceremony. This whole process is a total mind f*ck.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else? My brother, who is in my class, had one two nights ago, and I just had one last night. His dream dealt with the actual ceremony with the envelopes. Mine dealt with finding out I matched somewhere on Monday and being told under the table where I matched before the ceremony. This whole process is a total mind f*ck.

:laugh: knowing that i only dream after major events have transpired, i will dream about the match when i am in residency.

This was from a few nights ago. I open the envelope on match day and see the name of a program I'd never heard of (in Vermont of all places and that does not exist in real life), and didn't interview at. Turns out I didn't match, and our program secretary went ahead and scrambled for me without my knowing, and entered the new program in my envelope for match day as if nothing had happened. I remember feeling intensely grateful and wanting to hit her at the same time. :eek:

So strange... I don't feel nervous during the day but every night for the past week I've been having dreams of opening the envelope and matching to a different place. None have them have been nightmares so I guess that's a good sign ;)

So glad I'm not the only one subconsciously obsessing about this stuff.

I've had one a few different nights now... I'm at our match ceremony, open my envelope, and it's all written like a drug insert... with the chemistry diagrams and the teeny-tiny writing... and I can't figure out where I matched.

I dreamed that the new Daylight Savings Time crashed the NRMP computers and all of us had to put our ROL's in again and wait even longer for the results! I guess that is what I get for taking a nap during the evening news!:laugh:

A couple weeks ago I dreamed I opened the envelope to see my #1, last week I dreamed the envelope showed my #2. No dreams since, and hoping I don't go all the way down the list to "you did not match" before next monday.

I've had one a few different nights now... I'm at our match ceremony, open my envelope, and it's all written like a drug insert... with the chemistry diagrams and the teeny-tiny writing... and I can't figure out where I matched.

That's a great dream--Freud and Jung would have a field day with that one!

Endless hurdle upon endless hurdle...even the simplest thing like reading one line that tells you where you matched is made insurmountably complicated.

Hang in there, it's almost over!

I dreamed that the new Daylight Savings Time crashed the NRMP computers and all of us had to put our ROL's in again and wait even longer for the results! I guess that is what I get for taking a nap during the evening news!:laugh:

Okay, that doesn't sound implausible. :scared:

I guess it's like all those Y2K doomsday proclamations, computers going haywire, etc....and that didn't exactly pan out, so I guess we're safe. ;)

Sounds like we ALL need to scramble...

...Into Psych...

...As Patients!

Good luck to all!

I had one a few weeks ago where I found out I didn't match (reliving last year I guess). Last night I dreamt I was visiting old coworkers for christmas (why, I don't know) and was tearfully sharing with them then news that I matched and was going to be training at (only mumbles came out of my mouth). Note I said that I was GOING to be training at someplace, when I should already be in training at christmas. Weird.

had one in which i didn't match
had one in which i matched in Arkansas
had TWO in which i matched at my #1

i'm not superstitious or into dream interpretation but i can't make heads or tails of my pre-Match dreams......

This is a real dream I had approx during January, I was in this interview where the nurses were walking around in mini-skirts and open shirts (showing cleavage).

HAHA thats hilarious... :laugh:

This is a real dream I had approx during January, I was in this interview where the nurses were walking around in mini-skirts and open shirts (showing cleavage).

ahahah, so which residency program did you rank #1? ;)

Had one 2 weeks before ROL was due that I matched at my number 2. Switched that to my number one a few days later. Hope it was a sign.

I participated in the AUA match for Urology. The night before the Uro results were due to be released, I dreamt that my AUA match result states that I have matched into program X. The strange thing is that program X was actually a non-uro program which was one of my fall back choices in the NRMP match.

Needless to mention that I did not match in the AUA match, so I am now waiting for next week to see if that dream from 2 months ago would finally come true. Stay tuned!

I participated in the AUA match for Urology. The night before the Uro results were due to be released, I dreamt that my AUA match result states that I have matched into program X. The strange thing is that program X was actually a non-uro program which was one of my fall back choices in the NRMP match.

Needless to mention that I did not match in the AUA match, so I am now waiting for next week to see if that dream from 2 months ago would finally come true. Stay tuned!

I haven't had prognostic dreams for the match, although I wish I did!

I had one for step 1 though. Had this recurring dream that I kept walking out to the mailbox to get my step 1 score. I'd rip open the letter and see my 3 and 2 digit score exactly like it was shown on the real letter. Kept seeing the same score. 5 or 6 days straight. I freaked out more not because of my score when it finally did come, but became the score was the same one I had in the dream. Both 2 and 3 digit.

My anxiety was MUCH higher though then.

OK, here it goes, my dream from 2 days ago:

It is already post ROL submission deadline but for some reason I didn't interview at program X yet. However, I have already ranked program X as my #1 spot - based on reputation, hearsay etc. - and submitted my list.
So I am heading to the pre-interview dinner and for some reason my younger brother is going with me. We sit in a crappy little restaurant with bunch of other applicants, a few residents and some members of the interviewing committee (???). The residents are pretty mean and tell us how bad the program is - how they work you out, how the hours suck etc. On top of that my brother keeps making stupid comments about everything and embarrassing me in front of everyone. The dinner - and my interview - turns out to be a total disaster.

The weirdest dream ever :) Interview post ROL deadline ??
Anyways, program X is not really my #1 and the interview with them went pretty well actually. So go figure :rolleyes: