Match process for Texas schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayJayEPT

UTHSCSA c/o 2012!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I feel a little dumb for posting this but I'm a little confused about the match process for texas medical schools. I just interviewed with San Antonio and don't have any other Texas interviews:( (yet?) but even so I would like to know about the process. I checked the TMDSAS website and it wasn't too clear in explaining how everything works. I did enter SA as my number 1 school in the prematch part of it(don't know if it matters anyways since I only had 1 interview in Texas). Can anybody break it down to me like I'm a 3 year old? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I feel a little dumb for posting this but I'm a little confused about the match process for texas medical schools. I just interviewed with San Antonio and don't have any other Texas interviews:( (yet?) but even so I would like to know about the process. I checked the TMDSAS website and it wasn't too clear in explaining how everything works. I did enter SA as my number 1 school in the prematch part of it(don't know if it matters anyways since I only had 1 interview in Texas). Can anybody break it down to me like I'm a 3 year old? Thanks!

Check everything out here first http://www.utsystem.edu/TMDSAS/Acceptance-MatchInfo.htm

Pretty much, you just select SA as your number one choice. There is nothing else that you can, or need, to do.

Best of luck to you! Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Spudds! The link gave me everything I need to know.:D

Thanks Spudds! The link gave me everything I need to know.:D

No prob, because Texas is going through a transition period things are a little difficult.