PhD/PsyD Match results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psydstudent2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought match results were sent exactly at 9am. However, I contacted NMS and they said they send them out all through the morning BEFORE 9. Thus, I was curious what time you all received your results?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s awesome to hear! I would Iike my family to be with me before they go to work

I still have the email so I just checked and I got mine at 7:15 AM CST. I remember I was searching for a DVD to watch while I was waiting when I heard the alert on my phone (I'd set it up for the Imperial March to play, haha).

Reactions: 7 users
I still have the email so I just checked and I got mine at 7:15 AM CST. I remember I was searching for a DVD to watch while I was waiting when I heard the alert on my phone (I'd set it up for the Imperial March to play, haha).

Thank you for checking! I’m glad it’s so early.

Got mine last year at 6:58 AM CST. I was literally mid-text to one of my good friends about how I felt certain that the overwhelming existential dread was going to suffocate me when the email came through and I burst into Kim K-esque happy sobs. Good times, y’all, good times

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 7 users
I can't wait until I get my results!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I woke up and started putting on makeup to distract myself from the anxiety. By the time I got the email at 8:00 AM EST I had on highlighter, glitter, and false eyelashes.

Reactions: 19 users
I am seriously not sure how I am going to find the strength to open this email...they should really make the subject line either "congratulations" or "we regret to inform you"...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you and same to YOU and EVERYONE who interviewed this year! :) Btw, how's the pooch?

Aw she’s great! Thanks for asking. I know it’s so exciting I hope we all match! Even if it’s phase 2! I’m actually kind of curious what sites will go into phase 2.

Aw she’s great! Thanks for asking. I know it’s so exciting I hope we all match! Even if it’s phase 2! I’m actually kind of curious what sites will go into phase 2.

For the sake of less stress, let's hope we match in Phase 1. I do hear that Phase 2 is somewhat of buyers market and there many good sites available.

I wonder if they notify in alphabetical order? Or maybe by our code number.

A current intern at my site told me that she received her email much later then peers. Her last name starts with a C so that doesn't seem right to me. Code # could be right!

I woke up and started putting on makeup to distract myself from the anxiety. By the time I got the email at 8:00 AM EST I had on highlighter, glitter, and false eyelashes.

wow, i've been wondering what I will do with myself on match morning and I've found my answer. thank you

Reactions: 3 users
6:41am CST, in 2016. I rolled out of bed at 6:30 (let's be real, I'd been awake for an hour already) and made a coffee, grabbed a blanket and my cat and curled up on the living room couch, and checked my email just in time. There is a big blue "Congratulations!" at a fairly easy to spot location in the email... but it still took me a long few seconds to process :)

I admire that you guys were able to sleep the night before! It’s actually my birthday the day before but I’m just going to be up all night probably

Reactions: 3 users
this is my favorite thing ever

Reactions: 1 users
There is LITERALLY no way I'll be getting any sleep the night before. Kudos to those who can. Perhaps i'll take a relaxing bath at 4am or so...

I admire that you guys were able to sleep the night before! It’s actually my birthday the day before but I’m just going to be up all night probably

Oh, I barely slept. My wife and I had a Netflix binge. I drifted off here and there, but didn’t actually sleep much!

Oh, I barely slept. My wife and I had a Netflix binge. I drifted off here and there, but didn’t actually sleep much!

I think my boyfriend and will most likely do something similar. Although, the post about doing over top makeup to pass the time in the morning sounds fun!

Ted Bundy Tapes is fascinating for a binge on Netflix if you’re into shows about psychopathy.

Reactions: 4 users

The e-mail is what it is regardless of whether or not you're awake for it. Also, I don't get much anticipatory anxiety.

At least three people from my cohort last year all had their results by 6:00AM PST. Usually being on the West coast is kind of a bummer because you are behind the rest of the country, but in this case, it's nice, because you get your results earlier :D

APPIC Website indicates that match results will be distributed to sites, applicants, and academic programs at 10am EST. I don't know if this is different than past years (sounds like some earlier notifications in the past).

APPIC Website indicates that match results will be distributed to sites, applicants, and academic programs at 10am EST. I don't know if this is different than past years (sounds like some earlier notifications in the past).

The latest email says - "Phase I Match results will be available on Friday, February 22, 2019, in a confidential manner via the APPIC Match web site beginning at 10:00 am Eastern Time. Results will also be sent via e-mail on the morning of February 22, before 10:00 am Eastern Time."

Looks like 10AM EST results will be available via the portal, while emails will go out prior. So it sounds like business as usual.

The latest email says - "Phase I Match results will be available on Friday, February 22, 2019, in a confidential manner via the APPIC Match web site beginning at 10:00 am Eastern Time. Results will also be sent via e-mail on the morning of February 22, before 10:00 am Eastern Time."

Looks like 10AM EST results will be available via the portal, while emails will go out prior. So it sounds like business as usual.
Ah. Well best of luck to all of you going through this ridiculous process!

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah my heart stopped, until I finished reading

Although it may be a little later because they usually use 9 for the portal right?

To whomever mentioned doing makeup to pass time, I invested in some expensive a$$ FENTY highlighter for this very reason. I am going to walk into work that morning with the most beat face ever, glowing with the brightness of a thousand suns. Even fake lashes, which I have zero patience for, will be worn that day! Unless its bad news, then I will look like a literal sad clown.

p.s. it's hilarious and pathetic how much talking about makeup instantly decreases my anxiety level. BY THE HAMMER OF NARS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
To whomever mentioned doing makeup to pass time, I invested in some expensive a$$ FENTY highlighter for this very reason. I am going to walk into work that morning with the most beat face ever, glowing with the brightness of a thousand suns. Even fake lashes, which I have zero patience for, will be worn that day! Unless its bad news, then I will look like a literal sad clown.

p.s. it's hilarious and pathetic how much talking about makeup instantly decreases my anxiety level. BY THE HAMMER OF NARS!

You have no idea how obsessed with makeup I am! Haha. I have over 50 eyeshadow palettes

You have no idea how obsessed with makeup I am! Haha. I have over 50 eyeshadow palettes

Not to derail the thread but SIS!!!!

YES. Me too. I could go on forever. All of the makeup. Gimme them.

Yes girl! Haha I think this thread already transitioned from internship to makeup

I'm loving that many of you got your match emails long before 10am EST - anyone get theirs closer to 10? Trying to figure out how much I should count on getting an email before 10. The suspense is killing me!

Reactions: 2 users
I am seriously not sure how I am going to find the strength to open this email...they should really make the subject line either "congratulations" or "we regret to inform you"...

But then how do you find the strength to open your inbox/open your browser/turn on the computer/get out of bed/go to bed...

I'm a faculty member, and our DCT forwards the program-wide results to the faculty immediately. For the last several years, it has been right around 7am EST. Sometimes a bit earlier (6:45am) and sometimes a bit later (7:11am). The students seem to get their notifications right around the same time. I was with my grad student on Match Day morning last year and I think it was right in that window, though a bit later last year than in previous years (more like 7:30, I think.)

Yes girl! Haha I think this thread already transitioned from internship to makeup

yall. help me. im so bad at make up. ive just barely learned how to do my eyebrows. sometimes i remember lip gloss.

(maybe match morning i'll spend time practicing make up......)

When do training directors call? I know it’s an hour after we get our results but is that an hour from the email or the 10am universal time it is posted on the NMS site?

When do training directors call? I know it’s an hour after we get our results but is that an hour from the email or the 10am universal time it is posted on the NMS site?

I'm pretty sure it's universal. I don't remember the call being so early.

I do recall that I was extremely tired and kind of loopy that day, and I could barely talk coherently. I can't even remember what the TD and I said to each other.