Match vs. Rolling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Match vs. Rolling

• Rolling only

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Match only

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Rolling and Match (with honesty)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

NCF145

Not Politically Correct
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the recent match fiasco, I was wondering what my fellow Texas applicants would prefer. Would you rather have the Texas schools move to complete rolling admissions, go back to the match only system, or stick with the current system (but with more honesty about how many seats are taken up through pre-match offers)?

Members don't see this ad.

None of the above. Where is the non-rolling option? I don't want only one school, but I want only one date that everything is released on (acceptance/waitlist/reject). NEW POLL!

None of the above. Where is the non-rolling option? I don't want only one school, but I want only one date that everything is released on (acceptance/waitlist/reject). NEW POLL!

I thought of that, but didn't include it b/c admissions' procedures like that (i.e. Harvard) have never been considered in Texas. Also, the match is almost exactly the same. The only difference is ranking the schools. If it makes you happy then just write in this option.

The match + rolling option treated me very well so I don't really hate that system. However, it is too complicated to keep... too many dates to keep up with etc. Although match really favors the students and rolling favors the schools, I think TX should just go with rolling. It seems to have worked for every other school in this country and it is less nerve-racking than to wait for one date (really late in the game) to determine your fate.