matched and have a report date..next steps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavaor

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have matched and now have a report date. I Wanted to get some feedback from those who have already went through the process. What are my next steps to ensure all is in order.

Members don't see this ad.

Whoops.sorry about that.
Army, EAMC

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you actually have orders yet? If not, then doing anything official won't happen until you do. My orders situation was so messed up that I had to contact my career manager (didn't even know I had one) at HRC in St. Louis. You'll want to stay on top of this.

If you're having the Army move you, then you need to locate the relevant military post that handles PCSing for you. It's typically the closest military facility, but I think they have assigned regions, like hospitals, so you'll want to double-check before you drive hours in the wrong direction. They'll help you set up packing and moving of your household goods.

Housing, for me, was the next priority. Try to get in touch with either the housing office or the EAMC GME director to find out what, if any, quarters will be available to you. Then decide if you want to even consider accepting them if given the choice. If so, most posts still have a first-come/first-serve list based on rank and family size that you'll want to get on. If not, then get to work on finding somewhere off-post to live. You'll want to consider going to Augusta several weeks before your report date to actually lay eyes on.

Just found out today that I was successful in the civilian match for a slot in 2008 when I get the hell out of the military. I feel for everyone who got stuck doing a mil residency and will owe more time after inferior training, more cutbacks, annual infosec training every 6 months, and of course longer and more frequent deployments.

Just 15 months, 22 days, and a handful of hours to go...

Congrats on your match, and FWIW, my obligation won't be extended a single day as a result of doing a military residency, and so far I wouldn't call my education inferior. I think I got lucky.

:thumbup:
Just found out today that I was successful in the civilian match for a slot in 2008 when I get the hell out of the military. I feel for everyone who got stuck doing a mil residency and will owe more time after inferior training, more cutbacks, annual infosec training every 6 months, and of course longer and more frequent deployments.

Just 15 months, 22 days, and a handful of hours to go...

congrats BD...I'm glad things worked out for you...the time will pass FAST!!!:thumbup: