MD .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1015759

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
M-2 looking to build an application that would help me move back across the country.

Originally from Idaho.
Med school on East Coast (mid tier, private school, P/F preclinical).
Looking to go back West (Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Utah, maybe Cali, not interested in going back to Idaho) due to strong personal preference.
Not many family connections other than aunts/uncles/cousins in WA, CO, and CA. Brother in-law in Utah. Everyone else in ID.

Other than crush Step 2 and do well in clinicals, how can I make connections and/or increase my odds to get to that region?

If it matters, I have absolutely no interest in surgical or highly-competitive specialties, but still want to hedge my bets. Unsure about my preference for academic vs community programs at this time.
Simple, do aways. Network via organizations in your field. Prob do research with a regional hotshot.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you elaborate more on how to do this?

Say I was involved in family medicine, would I need to try and connect with providers via the AAFP?
Alot of these societies have student run groups, yearly confrences. U get to meet people and fake intrest in their work and they will like u and do favors for u when it comes application time.