Matching into Cardiology with a Low Step 1 Score Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ballernation80

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a current MS4 at a mid tier MD school in the North East. I have always been very interested in going into Cardiology and have some research in the area. I just wanted to hear thoughts on the possibility of me matching into Cardiology in the future at any institution that will take me and what I can do to improve my chances as well? My step 1 is a 219 and Step 2 is a 252. My mom died 5 months before Step 1 sadly and that definitely affected my performance on Step 1.
I am willing to go anywhere and will be applying to IM programs that have Cardiology fellowships attached to the hospital. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am a current MS4 at a mid tier MD school in the North East. I have always been very interested in going into Cardiology and have some research in the area. I just wanted to hear thoughts on the possibility of me matching into Cardiology in the future at any institution that will take me and what I can do to improve my chances as well? My step 1 is a 219 and Step 2 is a 252. My mom died 5 months before Step 1 sadly and that definitely affected my performance on Step 1.
I am willing to go anywhere and will be applying to IM programs that have Cardiology fellowships attached to the hospital. Thanks in advance!
You're fine for now. Your step 1 score is almost average, you got a good step 2 score, knock out step 3 next year. Oh and do well in your IM residency, that's most important!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.