matching into family medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Usmle_Seeker2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Physicians/ Medical students,

I'm a recent Caribbean medical graduate( US citizen) with low step scores ( both step 1 and 2). both scores lie in the range of 210 to 220. I would like to know " is it more possible to match into family medicine or internal medicine? what is the specialty I should put my effort into?.

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Physicians/ Medical students,

I'm a recent Caribbean medical graduate( US citizen) with low step scores ( both step 1 and 2). both scores lie in the range of 210 to 220. I would like to know " is it more possible to match into family medicine or internal medicine? what is the specialty I should put my effort into?.

Thank you,
FM is easier. Why didn’t you try to match before graduating?

Reactions: 1 users
FM is easier. Why didn’t you try to match before graduating?
Thank you for the reply. I wasn’t done with my steps yet. Do you recommend something specific ( to improve my chances ) that I should work on until I apply for the 2022 match.

Members don't see this ad :)
What clinical work are you doing?

What clinical work are you doing?
I'm not doing any clinical work for now, I was thinking maybe I should get myself into a paid or non paid research position. I did only one month of clinical trial research when I was a student.