matching pharmacy residency with med school residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pantherpride1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry to post in the pharmacy school forum, but I am a soon to be 4th year medical student dating a soon to be 3rd year pharmacy student. I will graduate a year before her and will be doing a residency somewhere for the next 3-5 years. My significant other wants to do a residency as well, since she is a year behind me, she will know where I will be when she applies for residency during her 4th year, so we are hoping that she can apply and hopefully match in the same city as me. I was wondering if anyone has had situations like this and how easy/hard would it be for her to match in the same city as me and if the match/programs would be accommodating towards this. (I have yet to know where i will be since i will match next year, and she is one of the top students in her class at a great pharmacy school).

Members don't see this ad.

I was geographically limited when I applied, obviously I missed out on some really good programs that were far away, but I was able to apply to 8 programs that were in or a maximum of an hour away from a big north-east city, and I did match.

Depends on the geographical area and the number of residency programs they offer. Bigger cities will likely have more hospitals, hence more residency programs.

Reactions: 1 users