Matching the documents in time for the deadline

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by JennyAnn4, Dec 4, 2008.

1. JennyAnn4

7+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    If you're working with a December 15th deadline, and you're applying on-line and also sending hard copies of materials via Fed Ex, they obviously have to match the paper materials with the on-line materials. I don't know how long this takes them, but here's my concern:

If they do not connect my materials by 12-15, will they automatically not consider my application? Theoretically, they will have all of my information, even if it's not matched. Furthermore, they'll have my paper material by 12-9; it's my on-line application for which they will have to wait a couple of days.

I would really appreciate some advice...

Thanks!

2. psybee

psybee Psychology Grad Student!
    5+ Year Member

Psychology Student

if the deadline is dec 15th than that is the deadline. it is always great if you can get your application in earlier, and once you send things off you should do so with tracking, and confirm with a phone call once the tracking says they have gotten there, but that is that. they are the ones that choose their deadlines, and they choose them based on the number of things they have to get done (like matching everything up) and review apps, make call extend interviews, etc. how long it takes them to match things up is thier concern, not yours--just make sure your stuff gets there in time!

3. Jenny, based on my experience working and applying to universities, I recommend following up with the admissions office. They might have an online site where you can view your app status. Admissions departments can get overwhelmed with mail and take days to sort out before a deadline. You might get lucky and slide in with a wave of paperwork... Good luck!

4. psybee

psybee Psychology Grad Student!
    5+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    From my knowledge (having hand delivered some of my apps and seen what happens to them) material is removed from the envelope and time/date stamped, and then put wherever they put it. Nobody's app arrives totally complete, because the GRE's are sent to them directly, but as long as your app materials arrive on time and you confirm that, that's all that matters.