Matching threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guile

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any threads where people post their step 1 score, their school (not necessarily school name but top 10, top 50, unranked state school, etc.), any pertinent research, away rotations, and ultimately where they matched? A thread like this would be really helpful. The 2006 match results thread is pretty much useless because it's just a list of usernames and programs.

If there is one, and I'm just missing it, please link me. If there's not one, I think it should be something done in the future. It's a pretty valuable resource since there is no MDapplicants.com for the match.

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any threads where people post their step 1 score, their school (not necessarily school name but top 10, top 50, unranked state school, etc.), any pertinent research, away rotations, and ultimately where they matched? A thread like this would be really helpful. The 2006 match results thread is pretty much useless because it's just a list of usernames and programs.

If there is one, and I'm just missing it, please link me. If there's not one, I think it should be something done in the future. It's a pretty valuable resource since there is no MDapplicants.com for the match.

This thread comes pretty close:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=241045&highlight=applicant+profile

It's a thread that has applicant info and their interview invites/rejections. Some of the applicants have also posted where they matched, so you can try to gauge how you stack up with their numbers. Good luck!

A thread like this would be really helpful. The 2006 match results thread is pretty much useless because it's just a list of usernames and programs.

It's useless to you because it wasn't made for you. It was for the people matching that year. Along with it were plenty of "list your interviews" and "step 1 scores" threads that made the usernames more relevant. If you're really interested, go ahead and take the time to look up all the old info from 4-5 super-long threads and combine the info.

Or, a much easier approach would be to use objective national matching data available on the NRMP website, or the subjective data from individual programs available on facs.org, scutwork.com, etc that has all been linked in this forum.

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of step 1 scores top programs have. I'm also doing a little personal research on the effect your school's rank has on matching. As in, if people from top schools are matching at top programs with 230-240s and the three people from state schools have a 250+, that would tell me something. (A matching thread like I described above would tell me that.) The applicant profile link above was helpful, albeit a little short.