materials part 1 for sale (Duggan's institute)

Discussion in 'Dental' started by vandroid2002, Dec 11, 2002.

1. vandroid2002

vandroid2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, I have the material from Duggans Institute, they are booklets that he gives us in the classes.
    They include:

Neurohistology
    Pathology
    General microbiology
    Immunology
    Physiology
    Embryology
    Molecular Biology
    Anatomy
    Dental anatomy
    Biochemistry

Part 1- copy of Kaplan book, perfect condition
    Part 1 ? dental decks 1995

All this material helped me a lot, I took part one only once, I also had some books that helped me a lot, like Neuroanatomy, Biochemistry, anatomy and physiology coloring book, and others, the booklets are in good condition and has some very helpful notes, if you are interesting , please call me and I can help you with tips too, because when I first got here I was lost, It was just a lot a things to study, I was crazy, so if you are felling that way, don?t worry it is normal.
    Hi I have a copy of kaplan book that I used, the copy has 304 pages, I don't know the year, but I believe that is recent,it has study cases,antibiotic premedication,pharmacology,behavioral science,pedo, ortho, oral patho, radiology, oral surgery,anesthesiology,endo,perio,prostho,operative dent,and dental public health. it has some notes and highlights, I'm selling this , contact me with you like at [email protected] thanks Vandroid.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Reetika sharma

Reetika sharma New Member

hi
    i have just joined this site . i am in my final year of graduation
    and really intersted in doing my futher studies in US .
    can i have complete guidance about it from you .
    thanks
    reetika

4. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hi Reetika,

First you need to get your F1 visa, green card to be a permanent resident. You need to take the NBDE Part I and score very well (85% +) at least. Bring all your transcripts, diploma, letters of recommendation to the US. Apply to schools which have an advanced standing program (PENN, NOVA, Tufts, NYU, USC, etc).

Then PRAY you get in.

All programs are two years, except NYU which is three. It would be advantageous to get into a two year program.

Good luck,

DesiDentist

(I'm not an advanced standing student, but my cousin is one at NYU).

5. HIM0098

7+ Year Member

hi Reetika

What Desi ..informed is more than enough to get to this land...
    Just remeber take it a step at a time...okay

good luck

6. smilemaker

smilemaker Member
    7+ Year Member

Requirements to get into dental school
    Here is some info that you might find useful....

Here is a summary of what you need to do in order to go to a school in the US for DDS (2-3yr courses)
    1. Take National Dental Board (NDB) exam Part I - This is based on first 2 years of BDS / Dental Anatomy, 4 subjects 6 Hrs. Details on www.ada.org.
    Try to get as good a score as you can (above 90 is preferred) as many schools consider students with high score...
    2. Take TOEFL
    3. Based on the score in NDB-1 exam, apply to dental schools.

The following are some of the schools that offer a 2-3 yr course
    2yr programs:
    Boston University
    Tufts University (require Part 2 also and a high score in part 1 above 89)
    University of Loma Linda, CA
    University of Pennsylvania
    University of Pacific
    University of Southern California
    University of Florida
    Case Western Reserve

2.5yrs
    Columbia University

2-3yrs
    NYU

Contact the universities for more information on dead lines, admission procedures, exam requirements etc..
    Many schools have interviews which are important. The interviews are non-technical. They like to see you do something useful (not necessarily dental work) rather than sit at home and study for the exams. Do Voluntary work as a dental assistant or something...
    4. You can write NDBEPart II before you take admission to schools. Although not necessary, it sometimes improves chances of getting admission.
    5. Need to study for 2-3 years. Expenses for each year are any where from $70 K-100k with no/little financial assistance.
    6. You can take student loan with an interest rate.
    7. For practicing in California only, you can take some exams instead of going to school, that is only till the end of 2003!!
    This information is by no means complete and it is meant to be a start for those who have no clue.
    All of us who are here trying to give the national boards have all done our 5 years of dental school in various countriesand have also worked for more than a couple of years . So you are not alone.Many of us here., who have also done our masters from other countries , facing these extensive exams.!!
    good luck
    smilemaker

7. 1star

1star Member
    7+ Year Member

hi vandroid2002,

i am willing to buy all the material u mentioned.... but i want to know the price. please let me know soon.
    my personal e-mai is [email protected]

thanks.... but reply soon.

1star.