Materials to prepare for bench exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please let me know which all materials I should be buying to prepare for various bench exams? I am currently in US and am going back to India next month, so thought I should buy from here and practice back at home for the upcoming interviews this year if I do get it dat is??

I know a columbia and kilgore typhos, handpiece and compressor are needed. Apart from that?

Members don't see this ad.

hand instruments- mesial and distal GMT, hatchet 1mm and 1.5 mm wide blades,Bin angle chisel, williams probe, mouth mirror, angle former. Lecrons carver for wax carving ( esp for USC). blue stick wax,green stick wax, wax blocks.( depending upon school)
burs- 330 and 56 carbide for class 2 amalgam prep.
856 taper fissure ,837flat end taper,859 interproximal, 171 L for crown prep.finishing bur
Amalgam filling instruments- hollenback carver, burnisher, plugger, amalgam carrier, tofflemire band and holder.
composite instruments- like etch,bond, composite, clear strip, wedges etc if composite fill.
Ideal prep models.
Please check www.thedrtools.com for more details.