1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Materials to prepare for Biology and Chemistry??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by SolZer, Sep 15, 2002.

1. SolZer

SolZer Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Greetings! I'm in the process of making a career change and going back to school so I can hopefully get into Medical School. This next semester I am taking my first Biology (Gen. Bio I) and Chemistry (Gen. Chem I) classes and I'm a bit nervous. I don't remember the last time I took these classes, and I know how critical it is that I score well if I want to get accepted. Are there any study materials or books I can be studying to get a head start?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What I recommend is purchasing a MCAT study guide (I used Examkrackers) for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Organic Chem. I also purchased "Organic Edge" for o-chem, which really helped summarize ideas and show a different angle to it. Examkrackers does a really great job of teaching information and summarizing, which is great for reviewing right before a midterm or final.

It is vital to keep up with the assigned reading and always helpful to do the questions at the end of the chapters.

Good luck!! :hardy:

4. SolZer

SolZer Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you. :)