Materials to prepare for Biology and Chemistry??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by SolZer, Sep 15, 2002.

1. SolZer

SolZer Junior Member

Greetings! I'm in the process of making a career change and going back to school so I can hopefully get into Medical School. This next semester I am taking my first Biology (Gen. Bio I) and Chemistry (Gen. Chem I) classes and I'm a bit nervous. I don't remember the last time I took these classes, and I know how critical it is that I score well if I want to get accepted. Are there any study materials or books I can be studying to get a head start?

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Forensic Chick

Pre-Medical
    What I recommend is purchasing a MCAT study guide (I used Examkrackers) for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Organic Chem. I also purchased "Organic Edge" for o-chem, which really helped summarize ideas and show a different angle to it. Examkrackers does a really great job of teaching information and summarizing, which is great for reviewing right before a midterm or final.

It is vital to keep up with the assigned reading and always helpful to do the questions at the end of the chapters.

Good luck!! :hardy:

4. SolZer

SolZer Junior Member

Thank you. :)